Issue when using Axe-Edit III at same time as Logic

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I can't get Axe Edit III to work when I have Logic Pro X open, just gives me a communication time out error. Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.07.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.07.22 PM.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 37
I don't have the AxeFX III yet but we had this kind of issue with a product I developed. It turned out that Logic Pro was trying to set it up as a control surface / MIDI controller. That resulted in it spamming it with SysEx messages trying to determine what kind of device it is. Going into the Logic preferences and disabling the MIDI interface seemed to solve it.

It’s a phrase that will get a good workout in the next few weeks! Happy to have it,but yeah, this bug is big and knowledge of this in the community will save some headaches.
We understand it's beta, isn't the purpose of beta for people to use it and report things they find? This isn't a "something not implemented yet" issue, it's a legit bug. Great that fractal is aware, but good to put it out there so other's are aware.
it's a beta.

I don't have the AxeFX III yet but we had this kind of issue with a product I developed. It turned out that Logic Pro was trying to set it up as a control surface / MIDI controller. That resulted in it spamming it with SysEx messages trying to determine what kind of device it is. Going into the Logic preferences and disabling the MIDI interface seemed to solve it.

I will try this in a few hours and report back.

Thanks for this potential fix. How did you disable the MIDI interface? I have Logic open and I can't find that particular preference item.

Thanks for this potential fix. How did you disable the MIDI interface? I have Logic open and I can't find that particular preference item.
In my case I think it was showing up under Preferences -> Control Surfaces. I'm away from home right now so can't verify on my work / studio machine

We understand it's beta, isn't the purpose of beta for people to use it and report things they find? This isn't a "something not implemented yet" issue, it's a legit bug. Great that fractal is aware, but good to put it out there so other's are aware.
Yes. I first mentioned it’s already known. Someone said “not good.” I mentioned again it’s a beta, implying that things will be missing or not working since it’s a beta.

Please do report things.

Back
Top Bottom