Is this AC Adapter safe for MFC-101 Mark I?

Keeping in mind that the MFC is a $750 item, I wouldn't be so quick to buy a power adaptor on ebay. I would be concerned with quality, quality control & burning out the electronics on the MFC. (My son has had issues with iphone & computer adaptors purchased on ebay.) Did you contact Fractal Support?

The eu adaptor is also AC 9V 1000mA so that should be identical.
+1
Provided the size of the tip is the same. If its too big or too small it won't fit into the socket on the MK-I, so keep the old one in case you need to swap tips.

Been so long since looked this stuff up but when I first got my ultra and MKI, I regularly forgot my adapter for practice that just bought a universal adapter from Walmart and left at our practice space. It became the norm to use it for rehearsal until flipped to Cat5 like a year later. If it's still around the practice space will post what it was, wasn't anything special and pretty sure was DC. Had to look up on a Wiki so just posting a link from Yek's HowTos
Yeks MFC-101 How-Tos page - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Good luck!

Keeping in mind that the MFC is a $750 item, I wouldn't be so quick to buy a power adaptor on ebay. I would be concerned with quality, quality control & burning out the electronics on the MFC. (My son has had issues with iphone & computer adaptors purchased on ebay.) Did you contact Fractal Support?

It can't be any worse than the AC Adapter that came with my MFC-101. It shorts out and you can see bare wires where the cable goes into the part that goes into the wall and if it moves the slightest amount, the MFC-101 powers off. I cut open the adapter and re-soldered the wires to the transformer and it still shorted out and then I realized the wire going into the plug end also had a short in it. I contacted FAS Support about my MFC-101 adapter and they never replied back, so that's when I took it apart and fixed it but I want to replace it because it looks horrible and is held together with electrical tape.

Back
Top Bottom