is the AXE III USB 3.x?

Interesting.
I thought that USB2 was bottle-necking audio interfaces, which is why thunderbolt was used on some to get lower latencies and stuff...

USB is a safe option. Imagine if they brought out the II a few years ago with firewire, I don't think my Mac even has a firewire port anymore.

Not a single computer here at home or in the office has Thunderbolt. Can you imagine the outcry if it had a Thunderbolt interface which 99% of customer's computers don't have? "You mean I have to buy a new computer just to use Axe-Edit???!!!!"

Using anything else but a USB on the axe seems to be a terrible idea.
Axe FX works great through USB. Why fix what isn't broken? Especially if the solution, like cliff said here, would cause a bigger problem...

Not a single computer here at home or in the office has Thunderbolt. Can you imagine the outcry if it had a Thunderbolt interface which 99% of customer's computers don't have? "You mean I have to buy a new computer just to use Axe-Edit???!!!!"
true.
then again I guess you guys will have to 3 years from now.

yeah I know what you mean.
would be nice if companies just stopped rushing new ports every 6 months and settle on a compatibility truce.

I hate the Thunderbolt/USB-C ports on my MacBook. Total failure.

I would expect the pro audio industry to develop something similar to the EtherCon connectors for reliable and durable USB/Thunderbolt connections once the standard has sufficiently settled.

You do realize that more than 1% of Axe users have Macs with Thunderbolt, right? My multiple Macs have both USB & Thunderbolt & so could the Axe III. No outcry what so ever.

You do realize that more than 1% of Axe users have Macs with Thunderbolt, right? My multiple Macs have both USB & Thunderbolt & so could the Axe III. No outcry what so ever.

So, what's the point ? Because let's say 50% of Axe users have a Mac it would be wise to ditch the 50% non-Mac users or instead use USB and allow them all to connect ?

On paper, Thunderbolt/USB-C makes sense, but it's just not popular enough right now to be the standard. It's going to take several years or a decade before it takes over. USB 2.0 is simply the most accessible (and probably cheapest) interface right now

Back
Top Bottom