Is the AC30 TB in V12 healthy?

Have you ever tried Axeman's model Dutch, you must have eh? Though I've found with the newer firmwares its minimal tweaking to get a really nice sound.

I haven't touched the settings on my AC-30 patch since FW 9-ish, and still got that liquid-gold chime.

Scrolled through the thread, but I didn't come come across anything about resetting the amp and cab blocks.
Yesterday I created a lot of presets from scratch, at Axe-Fest, and almost always I had to reset the amp and cab blocks to make sure they were "virgin".
I'd start off with that. This will set MV at 10, which is the equivalent of how this specific amp was modeled. Then, as advised above, turn down Drive or Input Trim.
Sounds good here.

I have to sat this again. do not be afraid to turn do the master volume. Later Ac30 where fitted with a master volume to be more versatile.
The person Dutch is referring to in this thread to uses an Ac15 (or 30 at times) and a matchless spitfire (or dc30, I believe, at times) in stereo.
He uses variants that have a master volume and he turns it down.

I have some pretty hot pickups but I was able to get a nice chimey sound with this by keeping the gain low and turning down input trim.

I have some pretty hot pickups but I was able to get a nice chimey sound with this by keeping the gain low and turning down input trim.

Or just use the volume control on the guitar which is what many.many people do with a real AC30.

Or just use the volume control on the guitar which is what many.many people do with a real AC30.

For me, I have to turn guitar vol down on my PRS (w '59/JB), but my ESP (81/60) sounds perfect all the way up- surprised me at least. I thought it would've been the opposite.

I have to sat this again. do not be afraid to turn do the master volume. Later Ac30 where fitted with a master volume to be more versatile.
The person Dutch is referring to in this thread to uses an Ac15 (or 30 at times) and a matchless spitfire (or dc30, I believe, at times) in stereo.
He uses variants that have a master volume and he turns it down.

This. I actually like the sound better with the MV around 8 instead of 10. Also, the cab will make a big difference. Try the AC-30 Silver mix, mono hi-res.

AC30s can quite easily start to break up with humbuckers around 2, or whatever the equivalent is on the real amp. 9 o clock?

Back
Top Bottom