Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it so hard to say something about "when" it's gonna happen, other than "soon"?

Come on!
I agree. Let's have an update please. Some of us need to plan for shows?? I'm caught where I need an effect that I don't currently have on my board. I hate to buy an effect if I plan to move to the AX8?? Any news would be great!

I've tried to do my best , at staying clear of the whining, crying , bitching, rioting , threatening , and sulking , over the lack of any true timeline for the AX8 release to the general public. It is great to see that Fractal posts frequently , and pays attention to the forum.
With that in mind , I also believe that this forum should be the FIRST place where any real "inside" information should be exposed to the public , regarding upcoming sales and future updates to Fractal products.
Since it was announced that the AX8 was going to be released SOON , and ANY DAY NOW , I recently came to realize that I have been checking the forum frequently enough to recognize the top 10 pages of threads here , lol.
I know Helix was released with several ISSUES , and the banter spread like wildfire. Without a doubt , Fractal would like to avoid any bad press about their AX8.
Aside from a few posers here on this forum , I would think the safest and earliest release to the public , should be TO members here , because of their general loyalty , and willingness to overlook minor flaws in the firmware , especially since updates are in reality , an ever evolving occurrence with any company that cares to improve itself.
So..., I'm anxiously awaiting any new release info as well !!
....was that whining ? It kind of looks like whining. Maybe ranting ? Sorry. :(
I'm no better than everyone else here. Lol.

I'm betting that there'll be no more release info. People will just get the invites and that will be that. Something's obviously going on, be it bugs or whatever, and Fractal isn't going to be talking about it. There'll be no more "soon" or "any day now", 'cause that stuff just drives people up the wall when it doesn't happen. About a month ago I was coming to this forum expecting release confirmation to drop at any moment. Now I've realised I just come here when I'm avoiding work.

Is it so hard to say something about "when" it's gonna happen, other than "soon"?

Come on!

The website says Q4 2105. If they expect to not meet that, it would be nice to hear something, otherwise, what more do you want?!? And people who are planning on using a device that isn't shipping to customers yet for gigs? Well, hopefully a lesson has been learned :D
-
Austin

The website says Q4 2105
There was an "any day now" towards the end of October, IIRC. Probably best not to say stuff like that. It gives people first-world problems. Hence the change to Q4. Something unexpected probably happened.

The website says Q4 2105. If they expect to not meet that, it would be nice to hear something, otherwise, what more do you want?!? And people who are planning on using a device that isn't shipping to customers yet for gigs? Well, hopefully a lesson has been learned :D
-
Austin
LOL Seriously. who puts their gig in jeopardy over an unreleased product? The stuff I've heard is silly. People selling their old rigs before they even get an email about receiving a new rig, come on now.

LOL Seriously. who puts their gig in jeopardy over an unreleased product? The stuff I've heard is silly. People selling their old rigs before they even get an email about receiving a new rig, come on now.

Not like I would really want to kick these folks while they are down but yeah, I certainly wouldn't get rid of my main rig until I knew I could get it's replacement pretty much right away. Most likely these are guys that are in a rock and a hard place though, they want to have the cash in had for the AX8 when their number comes up and the only way to do that would be selling gear. Not all of us are lucky enough to have that kind of money ready to go, thank you Helix for getting me to save $1500... too bad for Line 6 they aren't getting my money though, lol.

I'm more or less one of those guys. I have a tour coming up in the first quarter of 2016. Overseas.
Still have my AXE-FX II and it will stay and only be used for recordings in the future.
I need the AX8 for some really important oversea gigs (US/Canada) in late February and thought it wouldn't be a problem to have it until then.
Axe-FX II + MFC is still too much luggage in that case, that's the problem.
Still almost three months until then but If I don't have the AX8 in time I simply don't know how to handle that right now.
So I visit this page daily...sorry, hourly...uhm...minute-by-minute. Always hoping for some good news :D

Consider this: Months after the so called "launch" if that's what you want to call it, all you see for the Line 6 Helix is "Available soon - pre-order now" on all the various e-tailers. There are probably some floating around, but it would appear that for the most part it's not like Fractal has to feel like anyone's breathing down their necks. It's kind of like the punchline in the joke about the two guys and the bear: I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.

No one who posts here other than Fractal employees has any idea whatsoever of how many units are going to be available, who might get one based on when you replied to the waiting list, how they're going to handle updates, how certain features are going to work, or anything else that hasn't been specified. The Fractal people may or may not have all the answers, but the takeaway is that unless I see a profile on the left that has their stamp on it I just tend to scroll past at this stage. I mean, user communities are fine when you actually have something to use, but in this case there's nothing there so other than from a getting acquainted/commiserating over lack of news perspective it has limited value, ya know?

Maybe someone could start a thread speculating on which members of the Fractal staff are wearing festive holiday socks or something. It would have just as much of a chance of being correct as any of the other speculation going on. :D

It'll be ready when it's ready. You could probably safely bet that at least one person on the forum will get an email when they start working the list and the way this group is it won't be more than 5 minutes or so before it's posted here. So it's not even like they have to make an announcement or anything if they're busy or aren't feeling energetic.

I think that just leaving it at 4th quarter 2015 is smart business and certainly informative. I am anxious also, but with stuff this complicated it's not easy. Sure they missed October and now November.

But I would rather see an email than another time post, wouldn't you all? Because the next time frame post can only be one thing-I dread.....Expected early 2016. So...............let's relax and be glad we still have December in the picture......JMHO

Not like I would really want to kick these folks while they are down but yeah, I certainly wouldn't get rid of my main rig until I knew I could get it's replacement pretty much right away. Most likely these are guys that are in a rock and a hard place though, they want to have the cash in had for the AX8 when their number comes up and the only way to do that would be selling gear. Not all of us are lucky enough to have that kind of money ready to go, thank you Helix for getting me to save $1500... too bad for Line 6 they aren't getting my money though, lol.

So... when you get the email, you sell your gear, put it on your CC, then pay off your CC with the gear sales. That's how I do it, that's how you should do it. Don't jump the gun, then bitch when it doesn't go as planned (BTW when does anything go as planned?). ALWAYS plan for failure and hope for success.

So... when you get the email, you sell your gear, put it on your CC, then pay off your CC with the gear sales. That's how I do it, that's how you should do it. Don't jump the gun, then bitch when it doesn't go as planned (BTW when does anything go as planned?). ALWAYS plan for failure and hope for success.

... ummm, I'm not bitching about that, I agree with the fact that these folks are going out on a pretty shaky limb and should certainly have thought of the possible consequences. I'm going to assume that they did weigh the possibilities. I am just empathizing with those who don't have the options available to some of us. Me personally I have cash in hand waiting for my e-mail, you have a CC waiting. We're lucky to not be in a situation where we have to sell gear to get something new.

Not like I would really want to kick these folks while they are down but yeah, I certainly wouldn't get rid of my main rig until I knew I could get it's replacement pretty much right away. Most likely these are guys that are in a rock and a hard place though, they want to have the cash in had for the AX8 when their number comes up and the only way to do that would be selling gear.

I would also add to what you said... depending on your gear, when the AX8 officially drops, it might be harder to unload your gear without taking a hit. Let's say you now have an AmpliFIRE, which doesn't have a ton of availability ATM. Selling it now is pretty easy for a decent price.

But once the AX8 becomes generally available, selling an AmpliFIRE gets a lot harder and you make less money because there will be a ton of people doing the same thing.

this delay appears to me to be hardware related, meaning they can't ship the units and fix them later with a software update. Just my thoughts, i hope i am wrong.

Ya never know. Matt changing his avatar is always a nice sign that we're very close. I was very tempted to sell my rig and deal with backup in the meantime, however Im glad ive resisted thus far. Hopefully resale on the II's isn't as low as I'm fearing it will be.

this delay appears to me to be hardware related, meaning they can't ship the units and fix them later with a software update. Just my thoughts, i hope i am wrong.
Possible, but I'm thinking that's probably not the case. Just looking at Larry Mitchell's posts, there can't be that much wrong with it if he's taking it out for performances. There have been a couple of AFXII firmware upgrades recently, maybe those are being integrated. Most likely just ironing everything out so it's as kick-ass as it can be when it launches. Probably worth pointing out that the Helix was also delayed by something like a month IIRC.

Yeah I certainly hope you're wrong too cuz that could take a bit to sort out. The first batch of Helix supposedly had some chipset issues when it went out. When I was still waiting for one I remember worrying that they were going to fix the issue but that I would be one of the unlucky ones stuck with a first gen. I feel the same as everyone else does for the most part. I am glad they are taking their time to get this done right but man I wish it didn't have to take so much longer than they originally forecast.

I see, wasn't aware of that.

Yeah, folks in the first shipment kept reporting being told by customer service that there was a chipset issue causing the initial onset of issues ppl were experiencing. I suppose that was linked to all of the BSODs that were happening. Who knows if that was actual bad hardware or poorly written software, that part never got divulged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom