Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a flying case with an XT + Shortboard Mk1 and a couple of stereo DIs and it can get the job done perfectly well when paired with my Hagstrom Viking. Maybe it's the beefier tone of the semi-hollow, but it can be made to sound more than adequately.

I also have an Amplifire than I'm tweaking right now, but the MIDI controller hasn't arrived yet, so it's not ready for a live show.

I wonder if Admin's comment from November 6th still applies:

Some may not, but many will see AX8s this quarter. The wait list is huuuuuge.

Excuse me,HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

It's not looking too good currently. :(

Well, it's darn close to a month since that comment, we haven't heard jack about shipping the AX8 to the waitlist, a hair over a month until 2016, I think it's safe to say it still applies!!!! I made the waitlist first day and I'll be extatic if I get one this year!

Sorry, I'm venting!!! I snagged a Helix today and now I need my AX8 even more!!! I'm going into some serious withdrawal here Fractal!!

I'm new to fractal so I hadn't realised the way things work and it being the norm to have these kind of delays. Some experienced fractal users have mentioned to me that it also typically 2 months or so before they arrive in Europe after they start shipping in the US - by that measure they would be in UK before christmas based on october announcements. I'm guessing it will be more like February/March before they get here now.

I'm still hoping any date before Dec 15th, for personal convenience. Later than that I'll jump to the EU list :/ :)

I'm sort of second guessing my signing up to the list, the suspense is absolutely killing me :/ feel like a kid counting down til christmas, only that Christmas keeps being pushed forward :/

I'm new to fractal so I hadn't realised the way things work and it being the norm to have these kind of delays. Some experienced fractal users have mentioned to me that it also typically 2 months or so before they arrive in Europe after they start shipping in the US - by that measure they would be in UK before christmas based on october announcements. I'm guessing it will be more like February/March before they get here now.
I was told "just a few weeks after" by G66. We'll see.

Reading this thread..... one thought

No_Soup_For_You.jpg

Be good for goodness sake..........

I am on the waitlist in Europe (G66), and I got there pretty late, so my hopes for receiving a unit in 2015 have always been slim (I would love to have one for the holidays though)

But still, this years run of Christmas Party gigs is almost over (yes they came early this year), and I have too few gigs in Q1 of 2016, so I should have time to learn my Ax8 there.

I am on the waitlist in Europe (G66), and I got there pretty late, so my hopes for receiving a unit in 2015 have always been slim (I would love to have one for the holidays though)

But still, this years run of Christmas Party gigs is almost over (yes they came early this year), and I have too few gigs in Q1 of 2016, so I should have time to learn my Ax8 there.
I am on the same waitlist with G66 and also was late getting on there. I never expected to see one until probably Feb 2016 so I am not worried.

I am currently still enjoying getting my head around my FX8 so I have plenty of Fractal goodness to keep me occupied :)

My Ultra took 11 1/2 months from ordering. Don't remember when they started shipping in the US on that one, but I beleive they had been out before I ordered it. To be fair there was a whole RoHS redesign cycle going on and I wasn't the first on the list. Thankfully RoHS is now taken care of in the initial design. I waited a bit before getting on the AxeFx II train, but there was some delay.

That said, it took Atomic 8 months from release in the US to ship the first AmpliFIRE to EU. There still aren't many CLRs in Europe, either. It seems usual that it takes about half a year. Let's hope this one is different.

Is it so hard to say something about "when" it's gonna happen, other than "soon"?

Come on!

If I hadn't been so sold on the floor format I'd had pulled the trigger on a used AXEII by now,
and the modelling for some live and especially home use is the onyl reason I haven't bought
the FX8 instead. The wait is worse than any countdown to christmas as a kid,
mainly because of the "soon" timeline :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom