Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

Just a sense I'm getting .......but ....... I'm thinking that given the lack of any further "specificity" from Fractal about the AX8 means we wont see the first batch in retail customers hands until Q1 2016 ?

Anyone else thinking the same thing ?

Ben

PS: Yes I -know- the above is pure speculation but (a) this is a discussion forum after all (b) other than the initial AX8 "flurry" and "announcement excitement" any actual, specific, detailed AX8 info has been essentially non-existent and (c) as a result of (b) threads are getting increasingly circular and pointless - which is still good forum fun and humour mind you :) .......

Maybe. I still need a workable unit before the end of November though. I have gigs in late December and beyond that I won't do with my current gear, since it's going away.
It would be a pity if the AX8 isn't ready for me :(

Don't get me wrong ..... Im on the waitlist and am -really- hoping to get mine before Xmas ...... but it just feels like it aint gonna happen until Q1 2016 .....really, really hope Im wrong :)

No, I don't feel this way at all!

It will be out by the end on November in my eyes & will take the world by storm!

Positive thinking will make this happen & you just need to "Believe" my brothers! ;)

Cliff knows what he's doing & they are probably stock piling AX8 units so that they can meet the right supply & demand here.

Prace! X-Mann :cool:

Don't know, don't care. The Amplifire's getting the job done so I can wait without any stress for as long as it takes :D
-
Austin

Don't know, don't care. The Amplifire's getting the job done so I can wait without any stress for as long as it takes :D
Good news. That's my #2 option if I can't go on with my current plan. AmpliFire+BJ TB-5.
Care to open a thread in off-topic about it? Thanks!

Anyone else thinking the same thing ?

I think that patience is a virtue that many of us need to still develop further.. Nothing against/offensive to the OP, but I thought about asking FAS for an update myself, then I realized I am still doing just fine with my AFX II Original and MFC-101 MII. We cannot make our own personal endeavors a build requirement for FAS' supply chain, IOW, there is a reason why we're waiting longer. We should be willing to be patient for the best amp/cab/effects modeling in a compact floor unit to allow FAS to appease the masses effectively and efficiently.

With that said... It would be nice for a hint of an update from FAS on the reasoning why the October soft launch did not occur as it has been relatively radio silent. This is not a demand or questioning the "why" behind the "why", just a simple update for the desired timeframe to release the next greatest product ever.

I agree .Since the forum has changed over haven't seen much of the man himself talking about Ax8 ,new Firmware ;;which to me means he is BUSY .lol and that's a good thing .I don't think it will be 2016 but I could see after thanksgiving more towards end of month.
I agree though a announcement from FAS on all things Fractal would be great at some point .

I'm good if the wait is longer than expected. I want the fully developed tool, and know there are legions of Fractal-phobes who are just dying to pick apart weaknesses. I don't blame FAS at all for making sure it is up to the scrutiny before opening the gate.

That said, I will order this morning if I get my email!!

Good news. That's my #2 option if I can't go on with my current plan. AmpliFire+BJ TB-5.
Care to open a thread in off-topic about it? Thanks!

Just goto The Gear Page Digital & Modeling subforum; there are a ton of threads on it there, most of which I have posted in :D
-
Austin

It's just you.

I'd rather the FAS crew was hard at work finishing the details for the release than hanging out here posting in these nonsensical threads...
Maybe if the FAS crew posted an update here instead of posting on facebook, we wouldn't have these threads. Now there's a thought!

FAS is the one that said "end of October shipping", so it's only natural that people are asking for answers given the void FAS is creating by their silence.

FAS said "should" be shipping by the end of October. The most recent info is on the product page that says "4th Quarter 2015".

Sure, an update would be nice, but I'd rather not bother them about it.

Obviously, they'll ship when they ship. However, if the man charge elects to be transparent enough to say in a very public forum starting last spring sometime that they "should" ship by the end of Oct., it would follow his own precedent of credibility, transparency, and respect for his customers to provide an update.

I saw a post on Cooper Carter's FB page about his stage debut with the AX8.
I asked him how it went, but haven't heard anything.
I hope no news is good news.

"I know nothing" (think Manuel in Fawlty Towers), but the website says: "AX8 is expected to begin shipping Q4 2015".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom