Is it just me ... or is anyone else starting to think we -wont- see the AX8 until Q1 2016 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon sir! I would like to inquire about procurement of such splendid item of enrichment for thy guitar!

Drive blocks were updated with Quantum, new FAS Drive added, new delay types added. None of that has made it to the FX8.

If it's as easy as copying the block definition from the source code for the AxeFX to the FX8 and AX8, I think we would have seen an FX8 update with the new block definitions. I know the FX8 is getting a major update as a result of the AX8 development and that is the hold up for an FX8 update.

I guess my point is let's not blindly praise FAS for synchronized updates on multiple platforms that have not happened yet. It's good to see them making progress with the Bot update. Let's get the AX8 out and an FX8 update to see how it goes from there.

Yep true, my mistake for upgrades on the effects.

As a future Fractal client I am having mixed feelings.... I am sure that the AXE8 will be a great product that sounds stellar (after all, the same as the AXE-FX, right), but the vagueness that surrounds it doesn't really appeal to me. You'd expect that by now it would be at least decided which effects et al. will or will not end up in it. The suspense marketing game ('soon') has also been done before and I I don't get it. Design, produce and just release the thing - all this hush-hush and unclear availability is what turned me off the Helix in the first place: after several hundred pages of silence - or better, white noise - I wasn't even interested any more in how it would sound and moved on. I sure hope this won't be the case with the AXE8....

As a future Fractal client I am having mixed feelings.... I am sure that the AXE8 will be a great product that sounds stellar (after all, the same as the AXE-FX, right), but the vagueness that surrounds it doesn't really appeal to me. You'd expect that by now it would be at least decided which effects et al. will or will not end up in it. The suspense marketing game ('soon') has also been done before and I I don't get it. Design, produce and just release the thing - all this hush-hush and unclear availability is what turned me off the Helix in the first place: after several hundred pages of silence - or better, white noise - I wasn't even interested any more in how it would sound and moved on. I sure hope this won't be the case with the AXE8....

I have to agree with you on this one. It's like the girl playing hard to get in High school. It works great to keep ya hooked at first but eventually you just go on to someone else. No one knows if that is really what FAS is doing here except them. I kind of doubt it but it is begining to feel that way. From what everyone is saying here, I think people would be placated by at least a little information leaking out like, the effects list and manual but I am sure they have their reasons for not doing that yet. I will keep waiting patiently / reading / playing guitar and dream of the day I hear that first person say I got my e-mail!

I don't think FAS is playing any kind of "game". I believe they're doing what they've always done- create and work diligently on a product until it's ready for release. When it's ready it will become available. Simple as that. And when it is available you can see exactly what's it's all about and then decide if you want to buy it or not. See kiddies, this is how it was in the "ol' timey days", before the internet came along and made an already entitled and impatient public even more entitled and impatient. Companies released products, we saw them when they were released and than either bought or passed. Simple as fucking that. FAS doesn't owe you , me or anyone else diddly squat except to release, when they are fully ready, a great product that they stand behind and support. If you can't stand that notion, or are simply too impatient to wait, there are plenty of other products out there to buy.

I'm sure FAS has been working like dogs to get them ready. Maybe they should take the holidays off and revisit this in 2016?..

I'm new here & haven't followed any of the previous released products at all. It seems to me that from my short time here, everyone involved at Camp Fractal is just awesome & very helpful. These guys seem very passionate about their company, products & customers. They also seem very excited at what they are about to DROP on the Guitar World too! The AX8 is poised to be the best sounding all in one floor board & could rule the world if it's 95% there at the time of release. I don't want to wait as much as the next guy, but releasing a new unit with no major issues is KEY here, as many new & 1st time customers will try out this unit & company.

There could be a lot of different things going on right now & it may be as simple as production issues. We can guess & speculate all day, but I truly believe that everything possible is being done to release the AX8 to all of us ASAP. I don't need or want Fractal to tell me anything but it's released now & that the line is moving forward.

We all share the same pain, but lets let Fractal focus on getting out what could be the biggest selling product of the company's history!

X

I don't think FAS is playing any kind of "game". I believe they're doing what they've always done- create and work diligently on a product until it's ready for release. When it's ready it will become available. Simple as that. And when it is available you can see exactly what's it's all about and then decide if you want to buy it or not. See kiddies, this is how it was in the "ol' timey days", before the internet came along and made an already entitled and impatient public even more entitled and impatient. Companies released products, we saw them when they were released and than either bought or passed. Simple as fucking that. FAS doesn't owe you , me or anyone else diddly squat except to release, when they are fully ready, a great product that they stand behind and support. If you can't stand that notion, or are simply too impatient to wait, there are plenty of other products out there to buy.

I would agree that FAS is diligently working on the AX8, but I would say they are definitely playing some marketing games. Compare the release of the FAS-FX reverb to the AX8 release. We first heard about the FAS-FX about a week before it was released and you could purchase it\download it. The AX8 was first leaked in Feb. The original Oct release date was confirmed twice by Cliff, but obviously come and gone. We are still waiting on the thumbs up or down on the synth block, the manual, and other FX\amps features. Cliff has a answered about 30 threads this week, but seems to avoid giving any details to the AX8 questions asked.

In the "ol' timey days" companies would send out press releases and photos of new products for magazines, and newspapers to publish before it was sold in stores. Same for demo units, which would show up in Guitar Player, Guitar World, etc before the product launch.

In the "ol' timey days" companies would send out press releases and photos of new products for magazines, and newspapers to publish before it was sold in stores. Same for demo units, which would show up in Guitar Player, Guitar World, etc before the product launch.
Funny thing is, one of the guitar rags (I forget which one, maybe Guitar Player) had an advert for the AX8, I think in the October issue.

I would agree that FAS is diligently working on the AX8, but I would say they are definitely playing some marketing games. Compare the release of the FAS-FX reverb to the AX8 release. We first heard about the FAS-FX about a week before it was released and you could purchase it\download it. The AX8 was first leaked in Feb. The original Oct release date was confirmed twice by Cliff, but obviously come and gone. We are still waiting on the thumbs up or down on the synth block, the manual, and other FX\amps features. Cliff has a answered about 30 threads this week, but seems to avoid giving any details to the AX8 questions asked.

I have to disagree about the "games"- I think they had every intention of getting it out in October, but unforeseen circumstances delayed the release. Those same types of circumstances are most likely affecting releasing any info on the product. These are smart people, and if they truly wanted to employ smart marketing techniques or "games" they would be doing so- everything that's happened up to now points more to glitches they want to iron out before releasing the product.

I'm sure that you'd like to be placated and be given an official statement, but I believe that you're only gonna get what FAS feels like giving you and not one iota more, which I think is perfectly within their rights to do. ;)

My guess is they are busting arse to get it shipping before end of year in order to not have egg on their faces. No company wants to retract any statements. That being said, there is poor customer relations going on here. With FAS providing popcorn, then saying "sorry... No butter" they have created this issue with die hards and future noobs like myself. At this point, in my opinion, it is more unprofessional to NOT make a comment than to fess up to delays/issues. It's not like anyone is going to look down on them, nor is any other company going to have the balls to attack them because everyone knows who is king of modeling. As a parent, if I tell my kids "we are going to Disney before the year is up" then refuse to talk about it anymore... I know I'm going to get pestered EVERY DANG DAY of December. "Soon" would not be accepted. Lol

See kiddies, this is how it was in the "ol' timey days", before the internet came along and made an already entitled and impatient public even more entitled and impatient. Companies released products, we saw them when they were released and than either bought or passed.
Being old enough myself to know about "the old days", that is exactly what I was trying to say. Back then, you learnt about a new product when it hit the stores or when it was being advertised... and not a single company in its right mind would buy ad space for a product which was not yet available or at least had a very firm release date. I'd prefer Fractal to do it that way.

wasn't the last official statement "expected to begin shipping Q4 2015"?

we're still within that range aren't we?

I'm sure that you'd like to be placated and be given an official statement, but I believe that you're only gonna get what FAS feels like giving you and not one iota more, which I think is perfectly within their rights to do. ;)
I don't need an statement, much less to be placated. Now, if there's going to be one, I'd rather have the official one instead of a edulcorated cover ;)

As a parent, if I tell my kids "we are going to Disney before the year is up" then refuse to talk about it anymore... I know I'm going to get pestered EVERY DANG DAY of December. "Soon" would not be accepted. Lol

I think you hit the nail on the head and solved the problem with Fractals communication (or lack thereof)- FAS believed it was dealing with adults, not kids. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom