Is arrived the time for Axe-Fx III to profile an amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilt

Inspired
After the new release of Mooer and the next one of Neural Dsp (Quad Cortex showed at Namm and expected for September 2020), it now seems that it is also possible for other manufacturers to be able to profile an amplifier, exactly as the Kemper does since its debut, even if In the past it seemed that there was a strong copyright on "profiling", impossible to overcome.

If ever Axe Fx could ever do it, it would be amazing.

What this community think about?
🙂

AFAIK, there is no other product that offers profiling like the Kemper. Supposedly TH-U can do that, but the feature is not available to the public. There are plenty of products, including AxeFX, that do tone matching like the Mooer. That's simply an EQ match.

Zero interest too....we already have tone match and above all else, the axe iii sounds and FEELS beter than any tube amp I've played! I can get more flexibility, options, dynamics and so much more with just the flick of a knob, not to mention design my own amp without burning my clumsy self with a soldering iron once!

FAS models at the freaking COMPONENT level! There is no profiler that can do that kind of modeling with this kind of detail and nuance capture

Plus it just sounds fookin AMAZING, so yeah, zero interest here

FAS is the undisputed king of the hill right now and I don't see others catching up for quite some time

Personally, I think the days of mimicing classic tube amps are behind us. It's been done. Let's move on. If that's what you want out of a modeler, fine, you have it. The technology should now be focusing how to enable musicians to create wonderful new sounds that go beyond what can be found in existing tube amps.

Personally, I think the days of mimicing classic tube amps are behind us. It's been done. Let's move on. If that's what you want out of a modeler, fine, you have it. The technology should now be focusing how to enable musicians to create wonderful new sounds that go beyond what can be found in existing tube amps.
Curious what you think that would be. Would love to hear your vision for an amp of the future and what it does / the sounds it would make.

Someone gets it!

It's all about creation and making YOUR TONE, not trying for years to chase some mystical sound 70 years ago

Though if you want to do that as well there is NO better tool to do it with than an axe iii

Bought a Kemper, then bought an Axe FX II then bought an Axe FX III, then sold the Kemper. I have scores of tube amps, and almost never sell them. That tells the story for me.

Someone gets it!

It's all about creation and making YOUR TONE, not trying for years to chase some mystical sound 70 years ago

Though if you want to do that as well there is NO better tool to do it with than an axe iii

That’s why many of us also enjoy synthesizers, so we can chase those 80s synth tones from 30 years ago lol

I don’t know about “new” sounds though.... last time someone tried that we all had to suffer through Dubstep for a few Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom