• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Is arrived the time for Axe-Fx III to profile an amp?

IronSean

Experienced
Yeah that looks like the tonematching process to me. Maybe what he's referring to is a new patent which the application hasn't been published yet. (Note that one was filed May 2015, but dated November 2016 which I assume is then the Patent Office processed and published the application).

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
Yeah that looks like the tonematching process to me. Maybe what he's referring to is a new patent which the application hasn't been published yet. (Note that one was filed May 2015, but dated November 2016 which I assume is then the Patent Office processed and published the application).

I don't think that patent is about tonematch, it explicitly talks about gain and compression matching and we know that's not possible with tonematch.

Furthermore it mentions a previous patent below about "Automatic amp matching"

This is interesting "A further aspect of the disclosure provides a method of manufacturing a simulation device"

Maybe I wasn't too far off here:

Something even better than profiling you say.. uhm.. 🤔

I'll try to make a guess:
It's a software in which you can draw or load the schematic of an amp or a pedal and it automatically creates the model to load on the axe fx.

PS: and it will be called Amp-Lab or FASpice
Maybe we could create models based on the schematic and then the "profiling" corrects the model to match the real world amp

JWDubois

Inspired
Hopefully Fractal's patent attorneys are better than the corp I work for. All my patents have taken at least two years. I was just granted one that was filed at least three years ago.

It's usually not a fast process.

GlennO

Power User
Should? I'd say "the best technology IS now focusing on..."

That was edited to exclude my point :). But I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. Profiling an existing amp, and Cliff's patent, while useful, is the antithesis of what I'm advocating.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
That was edited to exclude my point :). But I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. Profiling an existing amp, and Cliff's patent, while useful, is the antithesis of what I'm advocating.
Yup, people are too hung up on recreating rather than creating. They scrutinize audio clips and say "the model has a little less bass than the real amp". So turn the bass up.

Or "I really need a model of that Death Monger Seal Clubber XT500 amp, I can't bring teh brutalz without it." For chrissakes it's probably just a tweaked SLO 100 like every modern metal amp ever made. Or I spend months modeling it and "eh, it's okay but I still prefer the Recto models".

Brian Coonan

Power User
I think I'm in the mindset that anyone can call it whatever they want - profiling, modeling, etc (I know they're not the same thing) - but if I can plug into something and get the feel and tone that inspires me to play, I'm good. The AX8 was the first thing that really did that for me - and now the III is just blowing me away every time I plug in.

reclavea

Power User
I totally love the idea of changing engine parts, swapping out ignition coils and connectors. Modifying mechanical parts. Swapping out tires and suspension systems ...etc

This is the shining unsurpassed glory of AxeFx!!!

What is profiling again? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I remember now 👍🏻....factory presets! 😊

Top Bottom