Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Yek,

I had time today to go thru your patches one by one.
Your patches just get better and better. You are one
hell of a patch writer!

The following patches I thought were particularly brilliant:

Flashback
Violin P1=maj (this one is spectacular)
Super Phaser
Synth Leads 1 & 2
Funky Synth

With your indulgence, I took your patch Reversed Fuzz, and reprocessed it thru my
disturbed mind. Hope you like it. Its a testimony to just how flexible your overall
patch format is:

Attachments

• Reversed FractalFuzz.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Yek, i have a Quick question... I see that you use two cabinets in a majority of your patches. I assume you're running in stereo. If I'm running mono, should I be changing the cabinet to mono or can I keep it in stereo? If I keep it in stereo will that just be like blending the two cabs together? I like the sound I'm getting when I keep both cabs on like you have it.

Also, I am shunting the fxl from the grid. Otherwise I get a weird tone. I'm just using the output straight to the atomic and out 1 to house. Is this correct?

Yek,

I had time today to go thru your patches one by one.
Your patches just get better and better. You are one
hell of a patch writer!

The following patches I thought were particularly brilliant:

Flashback
Violin P1=maj (this one is spectacular)
Super Phaser
Synth Leads 1 & 2
Funky Synth

With your indulgence, I took your patch Reversed Fuzz, and reprocessed it thru my
disturbed mind. Hope you like it. Its a testimony to just how flexible your overall
patch format is:

Gonna try that patch later today, thanks!!
Some of the presets you mention are factory presets, tweaked to my liking.

Yek, i have a Quick question... I see that you use two cabinets in a majority of your patches. I assume you're running in stereo. If I'm running mono, should I be changing the cabinet to mono or can I keep it in stereo? If I keep it in stereo will that just be like blending the two cabs together? I like the sound I'm getting when I keep both cabs on like you have it.

Also, I am shunting the fxl from the grid. Otherwise I get a weird tone. I'm just using the output straight to the atomic and out 1 to house. Is this correct?

Anthony, the Output1 routing can be used either in mono or stereo.

To run in stereo, set Output1 Mode in I/O to Stereo. And enable the Stereo Enhancer if desired.
To run in mono, set Output1 Mode in I/O to Sum L+R, that's all.

With your setup don't use Output2 (that's the one going through the FXL block). The Out2 signal is meant to go through a real guitar cab, which the Atomic is not.
Just use the Out1 signal to feed the Atomic and house.

Thanks for sharing!

On some of the patches there are other user cabs, other than cab 2, 3, and 4. Patch 005 the Octavia patch shows user cab 022 L and 017 right. Are there some RW or OH cabs you like in addition to the factory cabs?

Thanks so much,
Richard

Thanks for sharing!

On some of the patches there are other user cabs, other than cab 2, 3, and 4. Patch 005 the Octavia patch shows user cab 022 L and 017 right. Are there some RW or OH cabs you like in addition to the factory cabs?

Thanks so much,
Richard

Weird. On my Axe it's just factory cabs in the Octavia preset, both X and Y.

Concerning the cabs: I do prefer the RW cabs with SM57 at CapEdge 0.5 to the stock RW cabs (with Dyn57). I like the OwnHammer stock cabs, but given the choice, I also slightly prefer the commercial SM57.
I select stocks cabs in the downloadable package just for convenience.

Weird. On my Axe it's just factory cabs in the Octavia preset, both X and Y.

Concerning the cabs: I do prefer the RW cabs with SM57 at CapEdge 0.5 to the stock RW cabs (with Dyn57). I like the OwnHammer stock cabs, but given the choice, I also slightly prefer the commercial SM57.
I select stocks cabs in the downloadable package just for convenience.

Patch 004 is as you describe but from 005 up, most patches reference user cabs for me. Pictures attached.

Richard

If I erase the FXL, does that allow me to then use output 2? Will I then be getting the same signal through our 1 and 2?
I want to use out 2 for my setup. Out 1 is just for house for my setup.

Why don't you want to use the FOH feed for your Atomic? I'd imagine they'll sound sound best with Yek's cab sims. You just change it to be mono as Yek described above.

I'm running these patches through two EVMs in stereo (from Output 1) which sounds great. I'm thinking about putting the cabs either side of the drummer (three-piece guitar band) - wide chorus etc.

Why don't you want to use the FOH feed for your Atomic? I'd imagine they'll sound sound best with Yek's cab sims. You just change it to be mono as Yek described above.

I'm running these patches through two EVMs in stereo (from Output 1) which sounds great. I'm thinking about putting the cabs either side of the drummer (three-piece guitar band) - wide chorus etc.

because i want to have separate volume controls for my atomic. that way i can adjust my stage volume (from the axe) without changing the volume running to FOH

I suppose that's the problem with powered cabs. But you'll have to duplicate output 1 to output 2 and lose the ability to run into a guitar cab (which is an impressive flexibility allowing easy transference to a spare guitar amp in moments of disaster). I think I'd turn up the Atomic.

If I erase the FXL, does that allow me to then use output 2? Will I then be getting the same signal through our 1 and 2?
I want to use out 2 for my setup. Out 1 is just for house for my setup.

In Yek's patches the FXL is just splitting the signal out to Out2 before the cab sim so he can run his poweramp and speakers without cab sims. So, you should be able to just delete the FXL and whatever it is beside it (sorry, can't remember, a PEQ or something) and in the Axes IO options turn on Copy Out1 to Out2 (if you haven't already). This will send the same signal to Out1 and Out2 and enable you to use the seperate volume controls.
I believe you can still configure mono/stereo independently in this set up if you e.g. want to run FoH stereo and your monitoring mono/summed.

Cheers,
Steve

Patch 004 is as you describe but from 005 up, most patches reference user cabs for me. Pictures attached.

Richard

It's an Axe-Edit bug. When exporting preset 5 or higher., with global blocks unlinked, and then transferring those presets to another computer, the cab information gets messed up.
I've filed it as a bug. In the meantime I'll post the necessary cab info in the post with the zipped file.

EDIT: should now be solved. See latest zip file.

Last edited:
In Yek's patches the FXL is just splitting the signal out to Out2 before the cab sim so he can run his poweramp and speakers without cab sims. So, you should be able to just delete the FXL and whatever it is beside it (sorry, can't remember, a PEQ or something) and in the Axes IO options turn on Copy Out1 to Out2 (if you haven't already). This will send the same signal to Out1 and Out2 and enable you to use the seperate volume controls.
I believe you can still configure mono/stereo independently in this set up if you e.g. want to run FoH stereo and your monitoring mono/summed.

Cheers,
Steve

+1

You gotta delete the FXL block for Copy 1 > 2 to work.

It's an Axe-Edit bug. When exporting preset 5 or higher., with global blocks unlinked, and then transferring those presets to another computer, the cab information gets messed up.
I've filed it as a bug. In the meantime I'll post the necessary cab info in the post with the zipped file.

Thanks so much!

Richard

FWIW, some of the upper presets have the correct cabs also some of the presets max out the CPU which I found strange?

I'm attributing all these anomolies to AxeEdit woes.

Your Violins preset is nothing short of astounding!!!! So musical... really is an inspiration.

Richard

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom