In Loving Memory: Lynn M. Oliver (1954-2012)

Lynn was always forthcoming with friendly advice and encouragement. He loved music. I am truly saddened to learn of his passing. Life is short, and this reminds me that I may not have the time to do all those things I've been putting off, so I better make the most of today. Warm wishes to Lynn's loved ones.

Very sad news - RIP LMO, you will be missed.
I just got the aomDSP and within a couple of hours I read this, it just seems so wrong :-(

My sincere condolences to his family and those close to him.

in Loving Memory Of LMO...:

Should his program fail to run after Windows updates, we may well be able to continue using it on Virtual PC kind of software. Since it still seems to run on XP, the hard disk space lost would be "minimal" :mrgreen

My condolences to all with a more serious loss...
The knowledge and intelligence on the forum is not halved, but it feels like it...

Incredibly sad loss, especially someone as Fremen said gentle as Lynn and helpful. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I just purchased an MFC-101 (and just received it yesterday) and was looking at the threads revolving around the "Dumpster" program. I am also new to the Axe FX II and was looking into better cabinet IR's and stumbled upon the "Axe-O-Matic" and thought to myself that it was a very useful program for trying the new cabinet IR's I heard so much about. It was very useful for mixing multiple cabs into one IR. What a brilliant idea! I also wondered why there wasn't an MFC-101 editor in all these years until now. I thought to myself, that I am fortunate to be reading this very current thread that has the developer RIGHT HERE with us giving us real-time updates to his program! There were a couple of people reporting very minor bugs, and Lynn was answering immediately. Much like Kevin does. I like this Ownhammer team...I was literally very thankful for this as I have spent the last week trying to get a hold of Fractal Audio Systems and have had absolutely no response whatsoever.

Well, my information stopped abruptly and I can't tell you how strange and truly sad it is to be in the middle of a discussion with someone that is no longer with us. I wish I could have said thank you to Lynn for the information and contribution he made to this forum. I wish I could express my empathy for the family and friends that were truly close to him. I just lost another friend last night, so I'm sensitive to the fact that we all do go at some time. I just wanted to openly say that even though I hadn't spent any real time with him in any way, he left a fingerprint and an image upon me as a person that has just left an indelible impression upon me. I have not experienced him and his words in any other way, nor any other time. But, his thoughts and actions at that time were for the first time for me, and it just so happened to have happened to me when they did and I am grateful. I searched for him and found this thread.

I will also be purchasing both programs and hope that all the funds do indeed go to his survivors.

I haven't been very active lately and man I really wished that I hadn't seen this. I know that it wouldn't change the facts, but this is such sad news. The last time I spoke to him was a few months ago when I was trying to help with the beta testing of AOM and to be perfectly honest I was apologizing for having not done a very good job at it. I was so happy to see that he had succeeded despite my efforts. :) To his credit he was very nice about it, which is pretty much how he always was.

My sincere condolences.

Very sad. I only recognize LMO's username from reading through threads, nonetheless it's strange to know that person is no longer here. Seemed to be a good man.

Very sorry for the family.

Back
Top Bottom