In Loving Memory: Lynn M. Oliver (1954-2012)

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hello Everyone,

It is with deep sorrow and a heavy heart that I break this information to you all. I have just come to find that Lynn Oliver, as you all know him here as LMO, has now departed from our world and onto the next. To come to know a little more about Lynn and his life, his public obituary can be read here:

Lynn M. Oliver (1954-2012)

You all may know him as the highly intelligent and talented creator of the Axe-O-Matic, aomDSP, and Dumpster applications; over the last few years, above and beyond anything else I have come to know Lynn as my good friend. He has been along this ride with me through many laughs, trials, and triumphs, and it will be his incredible heart that I will remember him for the most. His first instinct in any and all situations we have been through has been to help whenever and wherever he could purely to the benefit of others; to give without hesitation or thought of reciprocation. He loved his family deeply, and his family loved him deeply in return. Lynn was one of the truly great men, and we have all lost someone very, very special.

At the current time I am communicating with his wife Sandy, as I will be trying to set up a donation area on my site for those who would like to honor his memory and contributions to the audio technology community by contributing to an education fund for his youngest survived son, Daniel (14). When I have more information from her and an avenue to proceed forward, I will update everyone accordingly.

As it stands, all software Lynn has created is at final version. These were his inventions 100%, he is the keeper of all of their secrets, and as such they cannot move forward without him. As I foresee it, Dumpster may be rendered dysfunctional by future firmware updates and will more than likely be removed from the OwnHammer store in the near future and placed in the Free area as is until reported unusable. aomDSP may be removed from the store, but if so will remain donation-ware as it has many uses beyond Fractal SysEx application. All sales leading up to now have been given to Lynn in full, any future sales or donations will be redirected to his family that survives him - His wife Sandy and their two boys Stephen and Daniel. At the current time I will be removing the donation button from the Axe-O-Matic (free) page until we have an updated address that goes directly to his wife.

We have lost a true talent and wonderful human being, but I know he will always live on in my heart. It has been an honor to have known you Lynn, may God keep you and bless your family in their journey forward without you. You have come to be one of my true friends in this life, your loss is purely devastating to me, and things will never be the same without you. We all love you and are thankful for our time with you here on Earth, may you rest in peace, my dear friend.

- Kevin

I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. Rarely do we get to connect with people on the same ruffled up page that we are on. It's another to find one who can add another line to that page.

Shane,

Thoughts and prayers to his family. To most of us knew him through the forums; he was always very cool and thoughtful. He will be missed. RIP Lynn.

We're going to miss Lynn on the forum, but no where near as much as his family or you will Kevin.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Terry.

So sorry to see this when a fellow forum member leaves us. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. Lynn's software was great and will be missed. He was a great contributor to our community. Rest in peace brother...

Thank you for sharing this Kevin, sorry to hear about anyones death, it is a shock and dose of reality to us all. He was very young.

Oh man... RIP LMO...

I didn't know him personally, but he was a great contributor to this board, and a fount of knowledge. I've exchanged quite a few ideas with him... My sincere condolences and thoughts for his family and friends... :(

May Lynn rest in peace and may his family have the strength to carry on. Always tragic to see someone go but I have always believed that you're in a safer place once you leave here. Lynn will live with all of us through the fantastic work he has done.
My deepest condolences go out to Lynn's family.

Last edited:
I'll miss his knowledge and his steady-on way of using it to help people. Peace, Lynn.

Unexpected and very sad news... He was a great guy. We communicated once in a while.
Hope the very best for his family.

Back
Top Bottom