Im getting no sound - please help

Smamoh

Hi there,

Recently switched from AxeFX to AX8.

Im running it through an ART SLA1 Power Amp, and a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab.

Seem to be getting no sound.

I've run an XLR from the Ax8 to the power amp, and speaker cable from power amp to cabinet.

Is there anything else im supposed to do? Not getting any sound whatsoever.

Please help

Need more info - are you using one of the factory presets?

Do you have the Out 1 knob up? Are you seeing signal on the Input Meter? How about on the VU page?

Does your ART amp have an input signal indicator and is it lighting up?

If you are using OUT 2 to send to the power amp, make sure you have OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO set to OUTPUT 1.

Parameter: OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO
Values: (NONE, OUTPUT 1, OUTPUT 2)

"No, not as in repeats… repeats… repeats. Echo in this case refers to a re-transmitted copy of a signal. The default value “NONE” connects Output 2 to the inputs of the FX LOOP block (p. 57). Selecting “OUTPUT 1” creates an exact copy of the OUTPUT 1 signal at OUTPUT 2 jacks. Use this when you need to feed both front of house and full-range monitors, for example, and want independent level control over each using the top panel OUTPUT knobs. Selecting “INPUT 1” copies the raw unprocessed INPUT 1 signal to OUTPUT 2, and is ideal for capturing a dry track for “reamping” without using the FX Loop block. Note that the echo feature will not function when an FX Loop block is present in a preset as the FX Loop has priority."​

The OUT2 (FX SEND) ECHO parameter is found on the I/O -> Audio page. The I/O menu is accessed by tapping the SETUP button and then pressing footswitch 2.

Hi there,

Factory presets or my own, im getting no sound. I definitely have the Out 1 up on the ART.

Im using an XLR cable to a balanced input. Should I just be using a quarter inch to an unbalanced? Not sure if that makes a difference. Im fairly new at this stuff

Hey mate,

Im just using one out for now, only into a guitar cab. Not doing a cab + PA set up yet, but i'll need to get on that soon!

Back
Top Bottom