I'm Axe less....

MSS

Power User
I have sellers remorse already...I sold all my amps too because I never used them after I got the Axe. I hope the launch date goes as planned. -Mike

I feel your pain, I shipped mine out yesterday, and am using a pod hd500 in the interim and let me tell you I feel like I'm wearing a straight jacket when I'm setting up the patches.

So you are (some of) the guys flooding the used market and depressing the resale value of my Ultra !! Huh ? :evil
I have no sympathy!!

I sold mine last week! I feel your pain as I, too, sold all of my amps to afford an Ultra in the first place. :( Can't wait to order the II!!!

I don't find the current values depressed at all. There is a big demand for them and what's out there represents a tiny percentage of overall units. IMO the Ultra values will drop to $1400 when the Axe II comes out. If you are not selling it then why do you care? The value is what it is worth to you.

I don't find the current values depressed at all. There is a big demand for them and what's out there represents a tiny percentage of overall units. IMO the Ultra values will drop to $1400 when the Axe II comes out. If you are not selling it then why do you care? The value is what it is worth to you.

I believe that was meant as a joke. I thought it was kind of funny anyway :)

Sold mine last week also.. blah. Ordered a Bugera 6262 head to keep me warm until the AFX2 is available. 390e for a 120 watt head, a good fit for my situation if its even halfway decent...

Shipping my Standard today. Got what I paid for it used so I'd say prices are not dipping much yet. Got lots of lowball offers though. Ready for the AFII!!

A lot of hobbyst who will never be able to afford the second version will be more than please to buy a second hand Standard or Ultra. And since I doubt Fractal will go on for mass production for those two, thus their value will still be good on the market. I would'nt worry much guys!

Just agreed to a sale for my 3 month old Ultra..got it sent to Ireland from the US and somehow managed to get away with not paying the import tax, i will lose about $150 for what i paid for the Ultra but i got my Apogee Duet sold for a decent price so i am hopefully not losing a fortune!!

Shipping my Standard today. Got what I paid for it used so I'd say prices are not dipping much yet. Got lots of lowball offers though. Ready for the AFII!!

Adam, you too?? :lol: Did Fractal give a sure-date when they're shipping your AXE II? I'm definitely not going to buy the AXE II, just curious. Do you have your backup Mark IV or no amp until the AXE II ??

Sam

ijustcantwait.jpg

I dont mind the loss from selling the Ultra but my only concern is I have tours booked for the summer and need a preamp in time haha. Im beyond excited and consider myself coming out even since I will no longer have to buy an apogee duet. Cliff deserves a Nobel Piece Prize...becuase the Axe is clearly the best piece of gear EVER

You could always start downloading the various free trials of software based modellers and/or VSTs to wile away the days....

I believe that was meant as a joke. I thought it was kind of funny anyway :)
It's really difficult to put tongue-in-cheek humor into a simple text post. LOL. thanks JJ, it WAS meant as humor.

Next time I'll suffix it with <warning: humor attempt> or <tongue-in-cheek> or something :)

Back
Top Bottom