I think we will see a major product release very shortly from fractal!

I had 2 different VH4Ā“s, VH2, Herbie mk1 and VHX.. special beasts in my book, until I found the CCV :p
I'm probably a lucky SOB because I'm not chasing tube heads anymore. I've actually sold everything off since I have my Turbo and haven't looked back since. The Axe models are authentic enough for me. A Fryette LXII and guitar cabs with different speakers + my two EV PXM-12MPs keep me happy enough not to miss the real thing. I've invested the money I gained back from the amps into guitars which made it possible for me to have a small collection of really nice guitars which all play really well with the Axe.
The best thing about the Axe imo is that there are so many different directions you can take with it, and for me, after being a really dedicated tube snob for years, it really changed the way I think about guitar playing.

I'm probably a lucky SOB because I'm not chasing tube heads anymore. I've actually sold everything off since I have my Turbo and haven't looked back since. The Axe models are authentic enough for me. A Fryette LXII and guitar cabs with different speakers + my two EV PXM-12MPs keep me happy enough not to miss the real thing. I've invested the money I gained back from the amps into guitars which made it possible for me to have a small collection of really nice guitars which all play really well with the Axe.
The best thing about the Axe imo is that there are so many different directions you can take with it, and for me, after being a really dedicated tube snob for years, it really changed the way I think about guitar playing.
The one thing that really attracted me to Amp modeling is when I become board with an amp sim I go find a different one to play through. I have saved so much money over the last decade + not having to buy and sell tube amps and effects units or pedals has been a great feeling.

I have always been a one guitar type of person! Now I have found another place to spend my hard earned cash, as of late I have added 3 nice guitars in the last 2 years and plan on adding at least 2 more a Strat and a Tele and my collection will be complete! If FS is cooking up another version of the FM series that incorporates something I can use or makes it worth it for me to move to that unit I will be buying it!

TBH I only became a FAS user from Axe 2( firmware 10 I think did it) . A friend one had FAS from the beginning and while I always thought it was good my needs are simple and amps where not a problem. Axe 2 tipped the balance of quality and convenience in order for me to have a digital rig as well . Now it's getting to the point that bigger amps are not usable outside of the studio . The last part missing for me is a FAS dedicated cab with software support ,one capable of an amp behind you experience and if you want it; amp in the room (still not possible really.)

Even though I am just an AX8 owner at the moment, you hit the nail on the head with a similar thought to mine. You can do anything with a Fractal device, pop, rock, thrash, reggae, jazz, blues, and a whole lot more.

In my younger days, I was a valve snob. Yet if I am honest a 100-watt Marshall stack sounded horrible in a bedroom! But I could say to people, "Oh, I have a Marshall stack blah blah blah..."

A long time ago, I worked for a motorcycle dealer and one Sunday morning took a bike (from the shop) out for a ride to visit an old pal(Rob, RIP) who restored old British bikes (to Concours standards). I arrived to find a few older gents there sipping tea around their old British bikes. I was still in my 20s and they would have been 50 plus. Anyway, one of the men looked at the Honda (CBX550F11) and told me that he had never ridden a Japanese bike before. "Take it out for a blast," I said. And off he went as the others joked about him riding a Japanese bike. When he returned he asked me, "If this is for sale I will buy it". An instant convert from being a British bike snob to finding out that other bikes were better. This is kind of similar to my conversion from valve to digital. But now I am here there is no going back. I still think amplifiers are nice to look at but I won't be buying any more for now.

I've just missed out on a great deal for a s/h FM3 but think now that I will hold back and watch the s/h market for when and if Fractal releases any new model(s) and then pick up a model that suddenly finds itself depreciating in value. But it will be Fractal without any valves.

Introducing the AX-GO! (((Cue dramatic music and deep voiced snarky announcer)))
Itā€™s an Axe Fx Turbo! Itā€™s a 50 watt amp! Itā€™s a pair of 8ā€ speakers! Itā€™s a BT stereo with a mixer! Itā€™s all that and more! Best of all itā€™s neatly tucked away in a single lightweight somewhat stylish backpack! The beefy lithium ion rechargeable battery packs allows you to melt commuters faces off at your local subway platform for up to 6 hours! No need to worry about pumping that extra db for that fire breathing solo coming up. The Ax-GO comes with a mini bluetooth FC-4 that simply attaches to your favorite axe! Thatā€™s right Captain Face Melter, the FC stands for Finger Control. Imagine the endless possibilities to show the whole neighborhood and beyond just how impressive you really are! Imagine playing Over The Mountain while on top of a mountain! Come Sail Away while sailing! You can literally walk your dog while playing Walkinā€™ The Dog!
Better get online faster than your best legato run and reserve yours today!

I didn't think tone could improve on the axe 3. But then dyna cabs. I like dyna cabs a little better. Sound improvements are a nice perk. But they will not win the battle of the modelers.
I have a pod go upstairs. It sounds great. Not as good as the axe 3 but really good through a great set of powered monitors.
The future belongs to interface. I want to sit on the couch and use axe edit on an iPad. I don't want aftermarket programs, a USB cord or Bluetooth dongles. This is my wish for axe 4.

All three Fractal units are extremely powerful, great sounding, highly performing, gig capable amp/cab/effect modelers. Cliff just recently demonstrated that there is still a huge amount of life left in these units by adding Dyna Cab support for all three units. My Axe Fx III Turbo is so powerful that I would not be surprised if Cliff and his band of magicians donā€™t have a number of additional firmware updates in the works that will add even more functionality to the existing units!
This makes sense to me. Similarly, the Kemper and Line 6 folks have milked their platforms for years, because there was much more they could get out of them. The current AFX3 is so powerful that Fractal could probably redesign the OS, button layout, and screen UI while keeping the existing innards as-is and everyone would still be stoked (Iā€™d buy it!). Itā€™s just such a powerful and super-deeply capable piece of modern music tech. Itā€™s like sitting on a rocket when I really only need a tricycle 99% of the time. Truly, I use fewer than five presets, three of those are highly customized and two are (pretty sure) straight stock. Iā€™ve created delays to mimic my beloved Keeley Halo, and customized respective Marshall- and Fender-based presets, and a Diezel Herbie MK3-based patch. Thatā€™s it! Itā€™s like using the starship Enterprise to commute to and from work. And if Fractal wants to muscle up the innards to make a ā€œMark IVā€, my finger is already on the ā€œbuyā€ button. šŸ¤Ŗ But seriously Fractal could build out the current platform for years with DSP headroom to spare.

This makes sense to me. Similarly, the Kemper and Line 6 folks have milked their platforms for years, because there was much more they could get out of them. The current AFX3 is so powerful that Fractal could probably redesign the OS, button layout, and screen UI while keeping the existing innards as-is and everyone would still be stoked (Iā€™d buy it!). Itā€™s just such a powerful and super-deeply capable piece of modern music tech. Itā€™s like sitting on a rocket when I really only need a tricycle 99% of the time. Truly, I use fewer than five presets, three of those are highly customized and two are (pretty sure) straight stock. Iā€™ve created delays to mimic my beloved Keeley Halo, and customized respective Marshall- and Fender-based presets, and a Diezel Herbie MK3-based patch. Thatā€™s it! Itā€™s like using the starship Enterprise to commute to and from work. And if Fractal wants to muscle up the innards to make a ā€œMark IVā€, my finger is already on the ā€œbuyā€ button. šŸ¤Ŗ But seriously Fractal could build out the current platform for years with DSP headroom to spare.
I posted this years ago but in the marketing world the best thing to do is to turn your fans into fanatics! FAS has a definite base of loyal fanatics being one myself and having said years ago how can you possibly improve on this tech? Cliff and company never dissapoint to prove how they can.

I like how FAS has had the forethought in how they have stup the different platforms, Rackmount, floorboard with expansion possibilities! New product releases would be interesting as too what kind who knows. I know I would like to see something different that integrates into the existing tech but also allows the the platform to move forward.

I love the tech and I love the company. I too am a fanatic. But it really is second part for me, the company. Contrast that with iPhone/MacBook. I love my Apple products, but I detest the company. Fractal puts customers first, whereas Apple puts profits first.

I wish more companies were like Fractal

Back
Top Bottom