I think we need a UK meetup.

Hi Guys,

This may be the second or third time I've seen this suggested over the years on the forum, it's time we did it instead of talking about it. I'm going to suggest Nottingham in April or May. I live 5 minutes from junction 27 of the M1. I can arrange a venue, refreshments food and accommodation if people want it or are interested. Who's up for it? Put your hands up. Lets make some noise.

Nick

I am away for all of May- in Thailand and my native Australia.
You may envy me... NOW.
April can work for me though.

i'm in Cheshire (South Manchester) and would be willing to travel a bit, I can bring my normal rig plus an RCF 312A

Get Simeon to agree to go and then distract him whilst you download all his banks!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Oy!

:)

I'm using a pair of powered Atomics and would love to hang with you bunch of thieving scoundrels, but I think it's probably a bit too far for me to travel, I'm afraid. Please do a full report though, I'd be very interested to hear your opinions on all the different setups.

Hi All,

I'm a fairly new Axefx Ultra owner, but I'd be up for meet up... I could bring my CAA OD100SE+ and rack rig along?

Lee

Ok all sounding good so far.

Are we still missing someone with the powered Atomics?
I'd really like to get one into the mix, but given I am probably going to get one then I can probably just get one and see how it goes.

The CAA sounds very interesting- I am trying to decide between a PT100, Bogner Uberschall and Fryette Sig X at the moment.

Yes, possibly interested - depending on date/venue. I'm based London/Cambridge
I go direct to PA (Electrovoice) , IEMs. When not using IEMs, use a Traynor K4 as a monitor.
Have been seriously thinking of going to 4 cable method with Blackstar or Fender amp.
I can also bring virtually no talent.

OK chaps, I'd seriously like to get this thing on the move. Matt from Matrix amps has also expressed an interest in fetching some goodies as well as helping us compare the Meerkat...sorry, compare the Matrix to other amps with a view to the planned tweaks/issues we highlighted. Matt is available after Musikmesse trade show which is beginning of April. I'm gigging a couple of weekends beginning April so am free weekend 16th April onwards for the rest of the month. So thats either the weekends of 16/17th, 23/24th, or 29/30th.

Let's start narrowing dates down and possible locations peeps!! 8)

Well, 23/24 is Easter, and 29/30 is the royal wedding, so I'd go with 16/17.

We'll all be driving, so somewhere in the midlands is pretty central. We've already had a bid of M1 junction 27 as location. If that falls through then I can find somewhere near Loughborough.

April 16th/17th is good for me provided I don't get a last minute gig.
I am away from 20th May so it will definitely have to be before then.

Can anyone suggest a good rehearsal room or cheap studio we can use?

I will bring my Axe FX, VHT amp, 2x12 cab and a bunch of guitars.

Also it might make sense to use the one Axe FX so maybe people send me their patches the week before and I can load them into my rig.

Back
Top Bottom