I think we need a UK meetup.

octatonic

Experienced
Would anyone be interested in a UK meetup?

It seems we have an opportunity to get together and test some gear- particularly tube amps against Atomics and SS power amps with either full range or guitar speakers.

I am particularly interested in getting a Matrix, Atomic powered, Engl tube, VHT tube and maybe a couple of other options in the same room for a few hours as well as to meet with some of you and perhaps have a drink.

I am based in London- happy to travel with rig.
I am happy to organise it, have someone else do it or share the responsibility.

Jim

Id love to, but its unlikely to happen given my location and lack of finances to travell at present.

It has been discussed before - with a lot of users in the Nottingham/Sheffield general area - however, there appears to be more new users in the South East now so ??

How about somewhere in Bedford/Milton Keynes area?

Would be equidistant from Brighton and Sheffield - plus we can go dogging afterwards. :)

I know there are a couple of guys from the North East and maybe a chap North of the Border, but sounds decent to me.....I'll pass on the dogging though! lol

Ok, so we have a bit of interest.

Maybe people can reply with their location and the amp/cab they will be bringing.

I'm in London- VHT 2:50:2 and Zilla vertical 2x12 with Celestion GOld and G12-75.

I'm way up in the North East about 25 miles out of Newcastle so little chance of me getting down south :(

Thanks! You know, I love our friends / Former Colonial Overlords across the pond as much as the next guy... but it would be so much easier to talk with them if they would SPEAK ENGLISH.

JK

:)

I feel the same way about most of the people in my own country! lol

I could bring the Peavey classic 50/50, and the Marshall loaded with Beyma 12GA50's or indeed the Matrix XT800, if only the Stewart Audio World 1.6 were alive I'd bring that too, but alas, it has ceased to be!

I feel the same way about most of the people in my own country! lol

I could bring the Peavey classic 50/50, and the Marshall loaded with Beyma 12GA50's or indeed the Matrix XT800, if only the Stewart Audio World 1.6 were alive I'd bring that too, but alas, it has ceased to be!

What happend with the Stewart? It went dogging? :mrgreen

It was well f**ked whatever happened to it! lol

Powered it on at rehearsal and it went with the biggest snap, crackle and pop since rice krispies were invented, scared the crap out of me and our singer. Seems as though one of the output Fets had maybe gone and taken the switching Fets out, which shorted against the casing. Died and cremated itself all in one go!! Would have cost more to repair the thing than a new amp so the Matrix got bought! Ahhh well, shame, nice amp as well!

Glad to see you on this forum too Octatonic!

Not sure how I didn't notice you before

Hi mate,

You're on Music Radar right?
Yes I am here, infrequently it must be said- but I do check in.

Ok- so we have a few interested peoples.
What date should we do this?
How about mid March?

Hi Guys,

This may be the second or third time I've seen this suggested over the years on the forum, it's time we did it instead of talking about it. I'm going to suggest Nottingham in April or May. I live 5 minutes from junction 27 of the M1. I can arrange a venue, refreshments food and accommodation if people want it or are interested. Who's up for it? Put your hands up. Lets make some noise.

Nick

Hi mate,

You're on Music Radar right?
Yes I am here, infrequently it must be said- but I do check in.

Ok- so we have a few interested peoples.
What date should we do this?
How about mid March?

Nope Muscletalk!

I wish I could make it over from Ireland

Back
Top Bottom