I LOVE fate!!!!

rkbrock

Inspired
Here's my ultra story.....

I was cursing the support at L6 when my x3 died January 3rd. I only heard back from their "support" 2 weeks ago and that it would cost as much as a new one to fix it. As you could imagine i was pissed. It took them 4 months to even figure out what was wrong with my X3. After thinking "do i buy something new? Do i try the new "HD" line?? I decided I was never going to give them another penny after being a loyal customer since 2006 and left out to hang like they did. So thank you L6 for your crappy support and for taking so loooong to get back. If your support would have been faster I probably would have bought another L6 products.

Now I just bought a used axefx ultra at a price I couldn't resist. After being without any decent recording device, I finally get my replacement and it's waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow! So here's a toast to crappy support and looking forward to building a relationship with a new company and community. :D

Ive been lurking these forums and fractals website for a few years and didn't think I would ever own one for many years more to come. It was a twist of luck or maybe fate that broke my pod and kept me from fixing it or buying replacement until the ultra ll was announced driving used prices down enough that I could afford one.

Im excited not only for the ultra but also to be part of this community which seems to be very supportive and helpful of each other. Ill be back in a few hours hopefully with my ultra hooked into my DAW and annoying the neighbors. :)

I have been a L6 fan for years. I bought an HD500 and had it for about 45 days. I now have an Ultra.......NO Contest!!!

I have been a L6 fan for years. I bought an HD500 and had it for about 45 days. I now have an Ultra.......NO Contest!!!
Yup.. used MUCH L6 gear - totally night and day between them and an Axe (even if it's not an AXe-II) :)

this is my reaction to anything L6 related:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
kirk+KHAN!.jpg

enjoy the Ultra! :)

I use my pod as a midi controller after getting the axe-fx. Its the only way it will see the light of day or a guitar. Enjoy your axe.

Yeah, but no real surprise. Kind of like someone saying, I've ridden the bus my entire life and now I have a Ferrari... No Contest.

I love stories like this one.

I have a L6 AX2 that I leave at the rehearsal studio. I think it sounds better than the HD did. I don't rehearse with my big rig for 1... Its a small room and 2, I love the looks on the bands face when I bring something new to a gig and I floor them after they have been all paranoid......."Your not gonna just try it live are ya?":twisted:mrgreen:twisted

Is that a bad thing??

Wait til they hear this rig!!

LOL!! Love the Khan image. Shatner rocks!

So at first I wasn't too impressed... But then, then I found the global settings that the old owner had and I also started making my own patches and slowly I'm starting to fall in love. I've been playing with virtual amps since the original Sholtz Rockman and I don't think I will know half this thing can do for a very very long time. I have a ton of questions and hopefully one day, I will also be able to give some new perspectives on this box.

I even borrowed my brother's tele to see how this thing can do. =D

Awesomeness! Enjoy your new unit :) It's bound to put a stupid smile on your face. Most importantly, you'll definitely be spending many many more hours playing a whole lot more guitar, and that IMO, is what really makes this unit shine for me!

On the fate front though, it keeps screwing with me - I overpaid for an ultra on ebay because it is next to IMPOSSIBLE to get one delivered to India through official channels, and a after running through a LOT of red tape, paying obnoxious amounts of duties, Fractal announces the axe fx II :-( This is after lusting for the ultra for the last 2 years...

That said, the ultra completely OWNS! Especially with this new firmware update.

Have fun :) And post some clips/patches!

Back
Top Bottom