I have to write this thank you about a person here

bwanagary

Administrator
We all know how great the Fractal Audio gear is; how great it is that Cliff takes so much personal pride in the product and his community, participating regularly in the forums. So a big thank you! *BUT* sometimes other great people don't get the public recognition - or at least, I haven't seen it, except in the "Credits" under "UTILITY->CREDITS" where M@ is listed as "EVERYTHING ELSE" :). While I'm sure that there are many great contributors to this great company and product line, I've been exposed to one that just continues to blow my mind. A guy called Matt Picone (m@). I have a day job so my Fractal Audio equip work all happens nights and weekends. My first exposure to M@ was at 11pm on a Saturday night - I couldn't figure something out for the MFC-101 sysex protocol. I was writing my own editor for it (certainly not a "normal" supported activity) and I couldn't figure out some things about the MFC-101's sysex protocol and, in frustration, posted a customer support message at 11pm EST on a Saturday night, not expecting to hear until the following week. Within 5 minutes I had a response from M@. Unbelievable. I have since completed the editor project and am doing some very off-the-wall things with my MFC-101 and Axe-FX setup - things that they were not intended to do, so I frequently exhaust my knowledge and research and in resignation bother M@ again with my questions. He always responds within minutes - day or night, weekday or weekend. The guy's a machine. And he *always* manages to know the answers or propose an approach that leads to an acceptable solution.

So this is my thank you to a guy who knows his product, the subject matter, and always goes above and beyond the call of duty to help me, and I'm sure everyone else he can. Thank you M@!

Cliff - you are to be congratulated also, for attracting retaining such great personnel. The culture and attitude of a company are *always* a reflection of and the direction set by the company leadership. It is a privilege to be your customer.

-Gary Heller

We all know how great the Fractal Audio gear is; how great it is that Cliff takes so much personal pride in the product and his community, participating regularly in the forums. So a big thank you! *BUT* sometimes other great people don't get the public recognition - or at least, I haven't seen it, except in the "Credits" under "UTILITY->CREDITS" where M@ is listed as "EVERYTHING ELSE" :). While I'm sure that there are many great contributors to this great company and product line, I've been exposed to one that just continues to blow my mind. A guy called Matt Picone (m@). I have a day job so my Fractal Audio equip work all happens nights and weekends. My first exposure to M@ was at 11pm on a Saturday night - I couldn't figure something out for the MFC-101 sysex protocol. I was writing my own editor for it (certainly not a "normal" supported activity) and I couldn't figure out some things about the MFC-101's sysex protocol and, in frustration, posted a customer support message at 11pm EST on a Saturday night, not expecting to hear until the following week. Within 5 minutes I had a response from M@. Unbelievable. I have since completed the editor project and am doing some very off-the-wall things with my MFC-101 and Axe-FX setup - things that they were not intended to do, so I frequently exhaust my knowledge and research and in resignation bother M@ again with my questions. He always responds within minutes - day or night, weekday or weekend. The guy's a machine. And he *always* manages to know the answers or propose an approach that leads to an acceptable solution.

So this is my thank you to a guy who knows his product, the subject matter, and always goes above and beyond the call of duty to help me, and I'm sure everyone else he can. Thank you M@!

Cliff - you are to be congratulated also, for attracting retaining such great personnel. The culture and attitude of a company are *always* a reflection of and the direction set by the company leadership. It is a privilege to be your customer.

-Gary Heller

Great post!

Just had my first support issue needing an EPROM after years with an ultra and now a II. M@ quickly got back to me, helped me through the process, and answered all my questions along the way. I know he has a lot of projects going on at FAS but he also jumps right in and helps customers when they need it. Man's a machine!

Thanks FAS!

-Gary Heller

Fully agree and very well said!

I hope you all realize what a unique Company this is. You can't bottle this, it just is what it is. Thanks for writing that, you said how I feel as well, just an awesome bunch of folks, living the dream.

Great post!
I've had the great pleasure to have met M@ and spent time with him at Axefest 1 & 2.
Both times I was thrilled to know a man like M@ exists.
Perfect man for the job at FAS.

Much respect!

+1

One detail that I have really appreciated about Matt is that he is thorough. I try to be logical and systematic; often resulting in many questions and contingencies. In my experience, most people only give partial answers. Not Matt, he doesn't miss a thing. Great product support, thanks Matt!

Back
Top Bottom