I have a very stupid question re AX8

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I'm considering getting this thing. I'm thinking small travel rig. I haven't paid any attention to it though. Does it require a power amp? Are folks just using it with a powered speaker??

Thanks.

I use it to FOH, then in ears back to me. But it's no different then the bigger brother, use whatever works for you. I have used my CLR and my Matrix 1000 against it as well. Sounds great, of course.

You can use it however you'd like. Personally I'm going to be hooking it up to a small power amp with 1x12 cab in my bedroom, alongside the option to plug into my studio monitors for easier tracking/tweaking.

Like scott mentioned, I'm pretty sure a LOT of people will probably be running it straight to FOH and/or just using a small FRFR powered speaker as their own monitor (or FRFR with power amp).

Plenty of options, all of them will (I'm assuming) sound awesome ;)

Yes, thanks. What I meant was, in the form of a question, one HAS to run it into a powered SOMETHING? Just like the AxeFX II?

I have run it through my Adam A7X studio monitors and it sounds identical to my Axefx2. I normally run it through an EV ZLX-12P 2-way active wedge speaker in a stage monitor position, and it sounds great.

Same options for powering the outputs as the Axe Fx: powered speaker, FOH, stage monitors, etc. I have been using the exact same setup, just substituting the AX8 for the XL+ when I change from "A" rig to "B" rig. I wire it up exactly the same: Output 1 to FOH, Output 2 to my stage monitors. Just think Axe Fx and you'll be fine.

Any thoughts on the build and sound quality? I wonder if I could custom order a blonde/tweed version.

(matrix/mission, potāto/potâto)

Any thoughts on the build and sound quality? I wonder if I could custom order a blonde/tweed version.

(matrix/mission, potāto/potâto)

Contact Mission... They're cool guys! I got to hear these in person at Mission headquarters a couple years back when they were just coming out... They hosted the a Nor Cal Axe Fx Summit.

Back
Top Bottom