I almost got electrocuted with an egg-boiler on the first day of the year

Sorry for all the know-it-all ism and self-righteous moralizing and pontification you were subjected to here, @Piing .

This forum certainly warrants the reputation it has earned.

Some who posted are not as smart or as knowledgeable as they assume they are on EVERY subject under the Sun either. 🤣

Glad you are ok. Lucky indeed!! :)
Maybe you should be specific about exactly who you’re referring to! Because this post flew off the rails long ago with the help of the OP. It’s sort of a pile of BS “know-it-all ism and self-righteous moralizing and pontification” to come in and throw this comment in after a completely true and honest comment on my part. What gives?? I don’t know if it was directed at me or not, but its open ended style sort of blows! Yeah maybe the forum does warrant the reputation, but for different reasons or people you might not think. I think the majority of people commented first to @Piing about his well being before commenting further. Maybe you need to go back and see who it was that started the whole “where and why’s“ of modern foreign, multi-national manufacturing. You may all of sudden change your tune.

Sorry for all the know-it-all ism and self-righteous moralizing and pontification you were subjected to here, @Piing .

Some who posted are not as smart or as knowledgeable as they assume they are on EVERY subject under the Sun either. 🤣

I do not find any unsuitable contents, just normal and respectful conversation

BTW, I wrote to their customer service indicating the serial number to help them track down QC issues, but no reply. I also wrote public comments and pictures at their Facebook and LinkedIn pages, but there has been no reaction. It seems like they do not care at all. That Gabor Lorenz must be living at his German Castle :D

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone in the States makes stuff like this anymore. It's all about low costs for consumers. Some of it is actually good quality, but more junk than quality from China. I try to buy USA made goods, or anywhere other than China. I have a thing for German tools and knives.

Identical units also sold at the USA under different brands. Judging by the comments it seems like they sell quite well

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seenda-E...oiler-7-Capacity-Automatic-Shut-Off/104784100

Amazon product ASIN B08SW4W8VN

Last edited:
Geez mate, lighten up! In my humble opinion, this forum has a great reputation for being helpful, respectful, an for having a sense of humour! Sure some people think they have the answer for everything, but maybe in some instances their advice is at least partially sound. Thins, being an Internet forum, is like chatting with a bunch of people in a train - most will be well intentioned, however some will be wrong.
Thanks
Pauly

I do not find any unsuitable contents, just normal and respectful conversation

BTW, I wrote to their customer service indicating the serial number to help them track down QC issues, but no reply. I also wrote public comments and pictures at their Facebook and LinkedIn pages, but there has been no reaction. It seems like they do not care at all. That Gabor Lorenz must be living at his German Castle :D
Sorry, but an enterprise like that don't seem to exist here. All information you get is from 2 PR sites where you can upload press stories yourself, whatever you want. And there's only 4 Fotos of the guy existing. Not enough.
It looks like fake to me and like they needed a good sounding history for marketing purposes.

Sorry, but an enterprise like that don't seem to exist here. All information you get is from 2 PR sites where you can upload press stories yourself, whatever you want. And there's only 4 Fotos of the guy existing. Not enough.
It looks like fake to me and like they needed a good sounding history for marketing purposes.

That is interesting. It is not a small business, though. Gaabor is a top seller in Thailand. Their Shopee store has 673k followers and 84,2k ratings. And if you scroll through their products you can see that they have already sold thousands of their kitchen appliances. Shopee is the largest and most popular online retailer here.

https://shopee.co.th/gaabor_official_shop

They also accumulate thousands of views on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gaabor

It is curious that the company was founded just in 2021. It seems like they have used the opportunity of the online-shopping boom during covid.

Last edited:
That is interesting. It is not a small business, though. Gaabor is a top seller in Thailand. Their Shopee store has 673k followers and 84,2k ratings. And if you scroll through their products you can see that they have already sold thousands of their kitchen appliances. Shopee is the largest and most popular online retailer here.

https://shopee.co.th/gaabor_official_shop

They also accumulate thousands of views on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gaabor

It is curious that the company was founded just in 2021. It seems like they have used the opportunity of the online-shopping boom during covid. And they cleverly manufacture the products at the same countries where they sell them (Malaysia, Philiphines, Indonesia, Vitetnam, Thailand and Brazil) so they do not have to rely on China's supply chain or on import/export.
I did not find anything in official registers here about them. Some trade holdings with Gabor in the name exist, but you don't find any Lorenz there. About Gaabor with an aa in it there's even 0 results.

There nothing wrong with where they produce their stuff. It's just that they seem to need some great sounding background history to attract costumers. They can't seem to sell their egg-boiler as just that simple cheap egg-boiler?

Gaabor GE-M03A egg boiler. I received a shock that, luckily, launched the boiler away so it did not get stuck on my hands :eek:

When opening it, I have noticed that the cables inside are not fully insulated with heat-resistant macarroni. The plastic insulation of the non protected section of the cable was melted and it was touching the metal frame. And it is a non-earthed device ⚡:electricplug:

Lucky way to begin the year

https://www.gaabor-global.com/

View attachment 113650

what qualifying organization‘s mark is on this product? UL, ETL, CE ?

https://recipes.instantpot.com/recipe/soft-boiled-eggs/

That's the process but I do 5 minutes on high pressure, fast vent, and then plunges them into a cold water bath for 30 seconds to make them stop cooking and be able to peel them.
Similar process for me, only poached. I crack the eggs into silicone cups, add some salt/pepper/dill, then do high pressure with a cup of water for 4 minutes. Perfection every time.

Back
Top Bottom