How to simulate modern pick ups?

That’s output spectrum, not frequency response.

The output spectrum of a system or device in response to a stimulus is the frequency response.

Tracks don’t have a frequency response. Systems with inputs and outputs do.

This is an informal discussion, not a presentation(at AES). If I have to derail the conversation further by explaining the relationship between the terms track and frequency response as used within the context of this discussion because you truly can't or don't understand it, then with all due respect I've seriously overestimated your grasp of the subject. Otherwise, you're just being argumentative.

The output spectrum of a system or device in response to a stimulus is the frequency response.
See the second sentence in the link you posted.

This is an informal discussion, not a presentation(at AES). If I have to derail the conversation further by explaining the relationship between the terms track and frequency response as used within the context of this discussion because you truly can't or don't understand it, then with all due respect I've seriously overestimated your grasp of the subject.
I’ll leave that bait sitting on the hook. See post #100.

See the second sentence in the link you posted.

Yep. Further, the terms spectrum and frequency response are used interchangeably by companies like iZotope in their EQ matching documentation, and Sound On Sound seems to have a good grasp of the subject and terminology.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom