• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

How to reduce pick attack?

GlennO

Inspired
Using a Friedman sim with my prs I would have less pick attack tone... How can I do that?
I've had some luck with multi-band compression applied to a narrow range around 2k-2.5k. I could never get that pick attack parameter on the AxeFXII to do anything :). Ultimately, if I'm having trouble with pick noise, I have to address it by turning my pick to strike the string at an angle or pick softer.

Before you get too hung up on pick noise, listen to Dimebag's isolated Walk solo :).

Last edited:

egonle

Hi sauro_on_guitar, double checked my suggestion ... no improvement. Sorry for the irritation. Only wanted to help :coldsweat:

egonle

Hi unix-guy, looking at the complete ADSR, you are right! I only wanted to set focus on attack ... sorry. My wrong suggestion - reg. Input Level - I already excused.

Top Bottom