Rosenwinkel

I guess I gotta get my search fu skills up. This is the second thread this week I've started that was already there.:eek:
He is probably my favorite player right now. I learned of him through my current teacher. Its been a long time since a musician moved me. He has.
Just brilliant and so well done.

I tried with an auto swell but it isn't getting it. I think its a combo of the swell and maybe a synth with the synth part pulled back in the mix of the two. I'm gonna mess with it today a bit.

I guess I gotta get my search fu skills up. This is the second thread this week I've started that was already there.:eek:
He is probably my favorite player right now. I learned of him through my current teacher. Its been a long time since a musician moved me. He has.
Just brilliant and so well done.

I tried with an auto swell but it isn't getting it. I think its a combo of the swell and maybe a synth with the synth part pulled back in the mix of the two. I'm gonna mess with it today a bit.

He's using one of the EHX POGs for all of it I believe.

I got pretty close to the swell using a volume block with an envelope follower and a very short attack (20ms?, I'll look later on) rather than the auto swell . Worked better. Also boosted the output of the volume block about 5db.

Also, check out this thread for ideas. This is where I started: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/official-welcome-to-kurt-rosenwinkel.156021/

He's using one of the EHX POGs for all of it I believe.

I got pretty close to the swell using a volume block with an envelope follower and a very short attack (20ms?, I'll look later on) rather than the auto swell . Worked better. Also boosted the output of the volume block about 5db.

Also, check out this thread for ideas. This is where I started: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/official-welcome-to-kurt-rosenwinkel.156021/
Yeah I was in that thread too. Ideas from various folks, but I didn't see anyone post a preset they thought was anywhere close.

I'm not likely to go the POG route personally. That said, his sound really is super cool, however he gets there.

And besides his tone, his chording is a whole other cool thing...

Yeah I was in that thread too. Ideas from various folks, but I didn't see anyone post a preset they thought was anywhere close.

I'm not likely to go the POG route personally. That said, his sound really is super cool, however he gets there.

And besides his tone, his chording is a whole other cool thing...

My volume block settings are: Linear, Level at +5.7 db. Everything else is default.

Modifier on the Volume Control is an envelope follower. Threshold is -40db, Attack is 60ms, Release is 1ms. Everything else is default.

It works pretty well. Not perfect. Certainly doesn't have the flutey tone he gets from the POB.

I am about 30 years behind his chording vocabulary.

My volume block settings are: Linear, Level at +5.7 db. Everything else is default.

Modifier on the Volume Control is an envelope follower. Threshold is -40db, Attack is 60ms, Release is 1ms. Everything else is default.

It works pretty well. Not perfect. Certainly doesn't have the flutey tone he gets from the POB.

I am about 30 years behind his chording vocabulary.
Cool, I'll check out those settings, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom