Wish How many of these wishes actually get implemented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Fractal is always good about updates, but they almost always update the amp modeling and the such. They don't utilize these layout ideas that seem to fill up the wish section. IMO it would be great to start working on some of these wishes or just delete the wish section out all together if they just want to work on what they like. I don't mean to be as harsh as this is coming across, but it just seems it's like this on FX8 and Axe Fx II as well.

There are lots of wishes in the Wish List. Wishes come in faster than they can be implemented. On top of that, Fractal has their own wishes, many of which we haven't thought of ourselves.

With every firmware update, it's a question of prioritization: "What wishes are we going to work on this time?" It's not a matter of deciding that Wish X will never be implemented. It's a matter of which wishes will offer the most improvement/serve the most people/be the most practical to implement/haven't been done yet.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to end the Wish List just because some of the wishes haven't been implemented yet. The list is a source of great ideas.

Last edited:
I have been around since Q6, a little more than a year which is nothing compared to the senior AxeFX users. I have seen 3 major version updates and in my memory there have been new amp models, model updates, and a few bug fixes. The only new feature I recall is the big preset names update. With all due respect I really expected something different.

I have been around since Q6, a little more than a year which is nothing compared to the senior AxeFX users. I have seen 3 major version updates and in my memory there have been new amp models, model updates, and a few bug fixes. The only new feature I recall is the big preset names update. With all due respect I really expected something different.
Read all the way through the release notes to see all the cool stuff that's been added.

I think without Tools like AlGrenadine's allot users would still be very unsatisfied with some situations.

Most of the time it’s the little things that make the difference. And its worth it to be aware of the needs.

Just to pick out one thing: I still would feel very, very restricted while using the AxeFx II, if I couldn’t open all those great XL-Presets out there.

I got an AX8 from the first real shipment that hit Europe (February 2016). Since then, I think there has been two major feature updates and a lot of modelling updates. While I as excited as everyone else about modelling updates, I would prefer that some ressources were allocated towards updating the workflow and usability. There are several wishes in the wishlist that would make a great difference to the experience of using the AX8 as a live tool.

It has been a quiet summer on the firmware front (by FAS standards), so maybe a large AX8 update is already in the pipeline - We don't know, but I have my hopes up :)

I do feel that as Fractal ages they follow their own course more and disregard the users opinion. Kind of like Apple. I'm happy with Fractal, but some of these common sense type things that they refuse to implement, drive me mad.

It's like Apple refusing to allow numbers at top of keyboard......WHY?

I do feel that as Fractal ages they follow their own course more and disregard the users opinion. Kind of like Apple. I'm happy with Fractal, but some of these common sense type things that they refuse to implement, drive me mad.
You might think your requests sound simple, reasonable but from the outside looking in you can’t truly understand what it is you’re asking for. Only the people on the inside can know and make the appropriate assessments around implementing or not implementing requests.

It's like Apple refusing to allow numbers at top of keyboard......WHY?
Thank you for providing such a succinct example of how requests can seem sane to the person asking but nonsensical to the person trying to interpret it. Because...what are you talking about here?

MLA22LL

There are numbers on top of the keyboard. On top of every Apple keyboard.

Thank you for providing such a succinct example of how requests can seem sane to the person asking but nonsensical to the person trying to interpret it. Because...what are you talking about here?

MLA22LL

There are numbers on top of the keyboard. On top of every Apple keyboard.
I think he was talking about on their iOS software keys.. iMessage, etc.. There are NO numbers across the top of the software keys in iMessage or email..

I think he was talking about on their iOS software keys.. iMessage, etc.. There are NO numbers across the top of the software keys in iMessage or email..
Point stands: he thinks he’s being perfectly clear. But it’s ambiguous, requires interpretation, follow-up — non-trivial time and effort to assess.

Wishes should just be considered "food for thought", nothing more, nothing less.
Any expectations beyond that doesn't make any sense to me.

A lot of wishes are really great ideas. But FAS is a business. Their business model, resources, payroll, strategic direction, goals, etc. are their business.

How a wish that "seems easy" to implement fits into their plan, is not something someone outside the company can know.

I don't get discouraged about it. I have re-posted similar wishes and liked and re-liked some of the common wishes that spring up. It's all in good fun and part of the community.

My pet peeve is when wishes are discouraged as "wrong" or "not necessary". IMO everyone's wishes deserve the respect of the wisher even if they seem silly to anyone else. No reason to attack wishes. :)

Firmware updates have always been a mix of Fractal's own ideas and Wish List items. And that's a good thing. Nobody wished for Quantum modeling, and look at the improvement that gave us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom