How good of quality are Axe-FX III's wah pedals compared to real wahs?

What I like about the FAS Wah’s is I can control the sweep. I have the smaller FAS expression pedals and the way they are on my board its uncomfortable to get the full heel to toe range. I can adjust it to just get the sweet spot for the sound. Cant do that with a real cry baby.

Since the EV-1 is larger compared to a Mission, does anyone find it too large to use as a Wah? I know you can just change the sweep range I guess if you feel it has too much movement from heel to toe.

Since the EV-1 is larger compared to a Mission, does anyone find it too large to use as a Wah? I know you can just change the sweep range I guess if you feel it has too much movement from heel to toe.
Don’t know but I personally find the EV2 a little too compact for comfort as a wah. That’s why I adjust the sweep so I don’t have to work the full range to get the full effect.

I have thought in my head that a real wah would be better. Memory was false. The AX3 wah is thee best, period. Make it WHATEVER wah you want. Cannot be better than that.

I didn't because I hadn't used the analog crybaby since converting to the axe fx

also I'm not spending 150$ on an expression pedal :tearsofjoy:

when I can just gut the crybaby (used in ebay for even cheaper) and buy the linear 10k pot (15$) and put it together which is essentially the same as the mission engineering pedal just without the branding costs

sure you need the skills and time and tools (few mins and you're done)
I owned a Mission pedal for a few years but the diecast housing collapsed and the pedal 'caved in' to the base section. It wasn't from stomping too hard. I believe it was from the metal flight case it was housed in with my RJM Mastermind. The pressure must've been too much when it was locked in. My Dunlops have coped perfectly well. I also love the extra sweep range on the Dunlop Volume X pedals.

I owned a Mission pedal for a few years but the diecast housing collapsed and the pedal 'caved in' to the base section. It wasn't from stomping too hard. I believe it was from the metal flight case it was housed in with my RJM Mastermind. The pressure must've been too much when it was locked in. My Dunlops have coped perfectly well. I also love the extra sweep range on the Dunlop Volume X pedals.
The Mission pedals are the same chassis as the Dunlop wahs... It least, they used to be.

Back
Top Bottom