How can I program the Phaser block to sound like this?

I assume that there is a Phaser at this solo:

I have started with the Classic-Vibe. Slightly increased the bulb bias, reduced depth to 2.5, played with rate...
It is not bad, but still not there. Any other suggestion?

I assume that there is a Phaser at this solo:

I have started with the Classic-Vibe. Slightly increased the bulb bias, reduced depth to 2.5, played with rate...
It is not bad, but still not there. Any other suggestion?

Hard to tell, it’s really subtle, so if anything you’re on the right track with those settings.. seems like a slow rate too. Half note or whole note bpm.

Hi, thanks all for suggestions. I did think the vibe in the Axe III pretty good. I did lower bias to 2.5, adjust freq span to 3 already had depth up above 8. Pretty good. I'll experiment with LFO type.

Hi, thanks all for suggestions. I did think the vibe in the Axe III pretty good. I did lower bias to 2.5, adjust freq span to 3 already had depth up above 8. Pretty good. I'll experiment with LFO type.
I was looking into the LFO Type & the differences between Exp, Log & Sine & I really couldn’t find anything that truly explained it to my satisfaction. What I gathered was it has to do with the mathematics of the representation of the sine wave, Exponent, cosine & I believe the Log is a stepped sine wave. But I could be totally wrong.

8DE3B725-E6E0-4C07-B67D-DA47788473D2.jpeg View attachment 53132
I was looking into the LFO Type & the differences between Exp, Log & Sine & I really couldn’t find anything that truly explained it to my satisfaction. What I gathered was it has to do with the mathematics of the representation of the sine wave, Exponent, cosine & I believe the Log is a stepped sine wave. But I could be totally wrong.
Found it.. where you might ask.. why it was in the manual of all places.. why anybody would look there is beyond me.. that’s just barbaric..

Bulb Bias down to 3.

Tone up to 3 (adds clarity).

Speed at roughly 1.750Khz.

Then the key for the effect is the depth control (which you can attach to pedal):

"5" is more like "Breathe" Pink Floyd.

"8" or higher is more like Hendrix/Trower throb.

I A/B'd this to a real Shin Ei Uni-Vibe, and they were virtually indistinguishable.

It's one of my very favorite effects in the Axe-Fx/AX8.

Bulb Bias down to 3.

Tone up to 3 (adds clarity).

Speed at roughly 1.750Khz.

Then the key for the effect is the depth control (which you can attach to pedal):

"5" is more like "Breathe" Pink Floyd.

"8" or higher is more like Hendrix/Trower throb.

I A/B'd this to a real Shin Ei Uni-Vibe, and they were virtually indistinguishable.

It's one of my very favorite effects in the Axe-Fx/AX8.
Just to chime in... I’ve always been collecting the best Uni-Vibe pedals. I went through a couple Prescription Electronic Vibe-Units, an MJM 60s Vibe, a VL Microvibe and ultimately ended up with the Drybell Vibe Machine V2. It is the best vine pedal out there in my opinion.
I got my FM3 and was able to dial in the Drybell after some tweaking. Using Exponential instead of Optical helps to get that warble. I did some comparative recordings and they are virtually indistinguishable.

I sold my Drybell Vibe a day after I got my FM3. And then I sold off all my pedals.

Back
Top Bottom