Hopefully I will see everyone again :-)

Wishing you a successful procedure and speedy recovery, Stratman. Stay positive and focused on the goal. My fusion is a bit lower on the spine (L2-L4) due to a bad break of L3, but I can empathize with your situation. Hope to see you around here soon!

Don't they go thru the front side to do this? Don't they kinda move your guts off to the side and bolt the bones together from the front?

Don't they go thru the front side to do this? Don't they kinda move your guts off to the side and bolt the bones together from the front?

Usually. Sometimes they go in from the back. From the back they have to cut through a lot of muscle and the recovery is a lot longer so they try to go in through the front when possible.

I had this done 9 years ago. The surgeon used donor bone, plate & screws. The relief was immediate. Afterward I asked the nurse what they were giving me for pain and she said nothing. It was the first time in 4 months that I was pain free.
My recovery went without a hitch, I had to wear an Aspen collar for 8 weeks, btw 4 weeks after surgery my Dr told me that it's illegal to drive while wearing a neck brace. I had been driving for 4 weeks.
Sending positive vibes your way.

So tonight I am having a:
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) with Corpectomy - Yikes

Not sure howlong before I can play guitar or do anything. As long as they stay away from the nerves..I'll be HAppy.

Take care cares...Talk soon...........as he crosses his fingers
FRank

I had this. Two levels in neck. I'm playing as good (or as poorly) as ever. Some numbness in fingers but it was there before the surgery.

Usually. Sometimes they go in from the back. From the back they have to cut through a lot of muscle and the recovery is a lot longer so they try to go in through the front when possible.

Not sure if you're talking about a lumbar fusion but I had this too. Through the back and the front. Long recovery but for me overall good result. Still have to go to PT for some issues but the pain I had before is resolved.

I had to look this one up. Been plagued with back pain for years myself.
I hope it all goes well and you heal fast !

Hey Guys

So they (doctors)said the surgery went well. Hard to eat and talk. Hard to type also/. So I'll leave for now. Well, everything is difficult at the moment.
I'll get back when I can. Quite a bit of pain. Sleep is near impossible. Thanks for all the kind words. Hope to be back here soon!

Sorry Simeon, looks like you don't get my stuff :)

Note: Anterior means they go thru the front

@Stratman68 I'm glad to hear the Doc was happy with the result. I hope you are too, real soon! @FractalAudio Sorry to hear you're having issues. I had some work done on my back in 2013... so glad I did. I forgot what it felt like to not be in pain when I walked. Felt like a new man afterwards. Prayers both of you get some relief!

Thanks for the update Frank. Glad to hear it went well. It's all over now but the healing. Do what the docs and the physical therapists (or terrorists) tell you to do, and you'll better than before pretty soon.

Very relieved to hear the news Frank. Thanks for the update. The Anterior route is a pain in the posterior. Hope you recuperate quickly amigo.

Back
Top Bottom