Hey, isn't today 'Preset A Day' day?

Badger 18, Badger 30, Super Reverb Normal, Spawn Rod OD2-3, Marshall Plexi 100W 1970 and SLO 100 Lead.

I've done a demo with 6 presets from PresetADay. 3 From the August Pack and 3 from the current October Pack. I've played always the same lick so one can compare the sounds. They all sound awesome in playing and feeling and slightly more or less different as they are all tweaked for High Gain.
My absolut favorit is the SLO 100 at 6:42. This one is from August and already part of my setlist. I've tweaked that one to my guitar and set-up. Killer sound - hard to believe that this is nit and real tubeamp. Just my little 1x12 Matrix Q12a Volume on about 10'o'clock.
As the video is almost 8 minutes, here are the amp models you might like to check:
Starting Badger 18; 1:16 = Badger 30; 2:34 Super Verb Normal; 3:54 Spawn Rod OD 2-3; Marshall Plexi 100W 1970 and 6:42 Soldano SLO 100.

Badger 18, Badger 30, Super Reverb Normal, Spawn Rod OD2-3, Marshall Plexi 100W 1970 and SLO 100 Lead.

I've done a demo with 6 presets from PresetADay.

Wow Tony impresive, you're on fire!
All 6 sounds excellent with their own vibe, but Badger 18 has something appealing and special to me
I like your boots man!

Atention, hold your pants, Thordendal has landed!

Last edited:
Wow Tony impresive, you're on fire!
All 6 sounds excellent with their own vibe, but Badger 18 has something appealing and special to me
I like your boots man!

Atention, hold your pants, Thordendal has landed!

Yeah thank's man - looking forward to the Thordendal Modern. By the way, as you from Barcelona- these are Sendra - handmade boots - from Spain ;) cost a fortune, but are worth it.

Sendra...they are top-notch!
Yeah, a bit of history from 1913:
Andrés Sendra, son of tanners, returns from US passionate about cowboy and founds Sendra Boots in Almansa (Albacete). The company is engaged in the manufacture of cowboy boots and riding boots.

Loaded the Badger 18 presets, killer preset. Kind of ignored these "Preset A Day" really been missing out. Always thought they were to heavy. Good Stuff.

Did have a question on the IR? Is it a cabinet that fits the amp or are they the same cabinet just mixed for that amp?

Loaded the Badger 18 presets, killer preset. Kind of ignored these "Preset A Day" really been missing out. Always thought they were to heavy. Good Stuff.

Did have a question on the IR? Is it a cabinet that fits the amp or are they the same cabinet just mixed for that amp?

The Cabinet each month is a a blend of various IRs we have shot over the years. I take some time and blend a bunch together until i find something i like then notch filter the weird resonant frequencies - that I find almost all IRs have (well, even micing a cab will have them) - then slightly shape it to be a bit more "mix ready" using an SSL style EQ. I personally find a lot of IRs seem to be dull - or bright, and don't usually fall in between. So basically trying to correct that.

To Dial them in - at least for October - I tried them mainly with Rectos and Marshalls to make sure they were working on both amp sounds (Brit vs USA) and then go back and check them on all the amps I plan to use for the month.

Its a lot of backward and forward, but want to make sure they are working for everything before I put them out. They should, in theory, sound good with just about any amp model.

I find the October IR to be very balanced.

To some it may sound darkish at low volume, but really sings when cranked up loud.

I prefer the more balanced IR's for live playing. Bright IR's sound great to audition at low volume but are fatiguing to play in a show for me with FRFR.

I'm also enjoying these presets. Just a quick random question. Why are people still using files in zip format for presets? I thought that went back to the days of slow dial-up internet where file size was an issue. Not that it's a problem because it's easy enough to extract. I notice fractal also do the same for firmware updates.

Like I say, not a problem,just curious and Lovin' the presets.

I'm also enjoying these presets. Just a quick random question. Why are people still using files in zip format for presets? I thought that went back to the days of slow dial-up internet where file size was an issue. Not that it's a problem because it's easy enough to extract. I notice fractal also do the same for firmware updates.

Like I say, not a problem,just curious and Lovin' the presets.

Because, at least on our site, if the file is not zipped the site will try to open the link in a new tab and just error out. It has to be compressed in order for it to actually commence the download.

Hey guys, starting to think about how I want to put together the future "Clean", "Crunch", "Blues" etc #PresetADay Packs and thought I'd grab suggestions of what you guys might want. I will likely keep them grouped - like the metal ones - so all clean, or all crunch, or all bluesy etc...

What are you guys wanting to see ??

If you want to suggest artists I can get inspiration / pointers from that would be VERY welcomed !! My repertoire of music is pretty 1 dimensional and stuck in the metal realm... haha

Thanks for all the attention and support in the #PresetADay series of vids and presets !!

i'm not able to fire up the axe at the moment. i noticed in the zip file there are two .sys files for the XL. whats the difference between the two?

Back
Top Bottom