Hey, isn't today 'Preset A Day' day?

BillyZeppa

Power User
I looked for the web site and found one, but i'm not sure if it's the right place.
Has there been a new preset yet for Oct. 1?

I looked for the web site and found one, but i'm not sure if it's the right place.
Has there been a new preset yet for Oct. 1?

You are very correct - 1st preset for October went out today.

We TRY to release them around 8 or 9 pm *New York time* each day. Most of our followers are from the USA so if I was to release things appropriate for my local time zone (Sydney Aus) no one would see anything because it would be 5am where the bulk of my traffic comes from haha

Thanks for your interest !!

Who knew the suhr badger was so MMMMMMMMMMMMMETAL!

Yes man, crazy gallops with this one!
I like the preset a day idea, it's a brave and smart sales procedure

I really need to purchase the august pack, unleashed modern Rectos:

Thanks Silent underground for this great uploads!

Last edited:
Is there still a new preset each day this month? I can only see access to the Suhr Badger, which i got, thank you!, but not the next one in the video or another.

Is there still a new preset each day this month? I can only see access to the Suhr Badger, which i got, thank you!, but not the next one in the video or another.
Yes there will be everyday this month a free preset - but the preset you'll see only for 24 hours and than comes another one. So you have to check every day their website or buy at the end the whole bundle of 40 presets (10 extra) for 12 Dollars.

You have misst the Spawn Rod OD2-3 which was the first one I belive, but there will be lots of other great presets this month I'm sure. Here is a little snippet with the Spawn Rod I enjoyed yesterday for 2 hours in my rehearsel room:

Last edited:

Yeah, that was my fault - I accidentally made the videos in the playlist for this month public so for the first day a few sneaky people clicked back through and watched Days 2 thru 7 - Kinda let the cat out of the bag with that one ;)

There is a new preset each day, day 3 just went up now actually - Big brother to yesterdays preset the Badger 30 \m/

are the 2 cabs aug/oct. different? (the custom IR provided)

Yeah, they are different. I actually didn't really intend on making new ones each month which is why the August cab isn't named with a month at all, but going forward I'll do a new custom cab each month. They cabs are put together from cabs we have shot over the years that never landed in a cab pack etc... I might bundle them at some point and do an official release if there is interest though.

Dear BillyZeppa,
I think this question goes here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/has-the-axe-fx-peaked.119656/page-2#post-1424590
"Oh wow. I see the preset comes with a custom cab! :) I have Fractool, but have never loaded a preset with cab before. I see there is a seperate .syx file for the cab - do i need to load the cab separately?"

You don't need fractool this time because the zip file contains preset and cab versions for all devices, this is my procedure:
1. Open axe edit/tools/cab manager, push "user cabs" button to access user cabs
2. Drag and drop the cab syx file to an empty user slot and save. Close the cab manager and go to the main screen.
3. Load the preset (import button), go to cab block, select the user slot where you left the cab and save.

Since the custom cab is the same for all october presets when you'll load a new preset in the coming days you only have to do step 3 because the cab is already in your device.

Last edited:
3. Load the preset (import button), go to cab block, select the user slot where you left the cab and save.

Since the custom cab is the same for all october presets when you'll load a new preset in the coming days you only have to do step 3 because the cab is already in your device.

Silent Underground Studio always seem to use so far User Slot 20. So if you put the Custom Cab IR in user slot 20, all you have to do is, save and the cab is already in there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom