Here it is - LINE 6 Amplifi

They have business sense. They sell quantity over quality and build a brand image. Sure it's not "we're the best there is in guitar gear" but every guitarist knows Line6 as the cheap versatile solution. Everyone can afford Line6 products... and most likely almost every guitarist has owned a piece of Line6 gear. It's a business... still it's innovation but for me it seems like forced innovation. I don't get the whole "everything in one box" thing personally. I don't need a coffee maker in my guitar amp.

Do you know of a lot of amps that have bluetooth?

Nope.

So, if you define reinventing the guitar amp by including Bluetooth or turning an amplifier into a home A/V accessory, I give. And for what it is, it looks interesting. Heck, when Musician's Friend is clearing them out for $150, I might buy one.

But my point (which anyone may reasonably disagree with) is that the product didn't match the hype. I already have a nice sounding Bose Bluetooth speaker that I can use with iOS apps. And I think the Mission Engineering Gemini series looks promising. So, I'm not opposed to this kind of product in theory.

I was just hoping for a gig-worthy product, perhaps an integrated POD HD500x/StageSource with optional iOS control. This may be a fine product, but it's definitely not for gigging musicians (it's not realistically mic'able and, from what I see, doesn't include a Line Out). Again, I think it has value as a teaching and practicing tool, even as an addition to a home A/V system. But as someone who followed their marketing campaign on this item with keen interest, I'm disappointed. Of course, your mileage may vary.

I'm just surprised no one is laughing at Kemper since for 2014 they did it big. THIS YEAR!!! ONE SOLUTION!!! ONE DECISION!!!!!

PITCH SHIFT!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Line 6 seems to focus on music toys at the moment. The HD series haven't got any major updates over a year and a half now. I happen to own Toneport UX1 with Pod Farm 2.5 and Pod HD500. Both great units for home recording for the price. But they are faaaar away from the quality that Fractal audio offers and Line 6 don't have anything to offer in that quality and price class. It looks like L6 just makes the old stuff all over again, only in a new box! It's a shame.

I have so many negative things to say, but i will start my monday with positiveness, this Bluetooth speaker is a great cheap monitor for your Axe FX, don't look at it as a Guitar amp but as a cheat play along speaker.

Thats all..

I have so many negative things to say, but i will start my monday with positiveness, this Bluetooth speaker is a great cheap monitor for your Axe FX, don't look at it as a Guitar amp but as a cheat play along speaker.

Thats all..
Hmm... you can probably find a bluetooth speaker system for the same price at a higher quality level (as then you won't pay extra for all the guitar modelling stuff).

In watching their video, even though I love my AxeFXII sounds more than life itself, I am totally jealous of the interface they have for the iPad ....simplicity and graphically easy to understand....

Amp disguised as electric heater could be a nice stealth in the fight against the "WHAT do you need another amp for?" question. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.

So, if you define reinventing the guitar amp by including Bluetooth or turning an amplifier into a home A/V accessory, I give. And for what it is, it looks interesting. Heck, when Musician's Friend is clearing them out for $150, I might buy one.

But my point (which anyone may reasonably disagree with) is that the product didn't match the hype. I already have a nice sounding Bose Bluetooth speaker that I can use with iOS apps. And I think the Mission Engineering Gemini series looks promising. So, I'm not opposed to this kind of product in theory.

I was just hoping for a gig-worthy product, perhaps an integrated POD HD500x/StageSource with optional iOS control. This may be a fine product, but it's definitely not for gigging musicians (it's not realistically mic'able and, from what I see, doesn't include a Line Out). Again, I think it has value as a teaching and practicing tool, even as an addition to a home A/V system. But as someone who followed their marketing campaign on this item with keen interest, I'm disappointed. Of course, your mileage may vary.

My axe fx 2 has Bluetooth for my iphone and ipad. I play mp3s through it.

It is called an input and an adapter. Done.

Here is the one I use. There are many.

Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Devices - Logitech

Never understood why a company would limit it's obvious audience and potential buyers.
What I mean is The Ios-why? Build it so it works with any pad, laptop, etc, etc./ Windows has Bluetooth or don't they know that?

Never understood why a company would limit it's obvious audience and potential buyers.
What I mean is The Ios-why? Build it so it works with any pad, laptop, etc, etc./ Windows has Bluetooth or don't they know that?

Because it has a much larger base then the high end customer base ever will. You and I know what we want and obviously have the money to spend on the top of the pile when it comes to amp modeling. Their angle is the customer base that have iPads and play guitars at a beginner/novis level. I can't imagen a pro braking one of these out at a gig.

Even as a grab and go rig I doubt it would work out that well as one poster put it "music toys" fits this device the best as it has a toy'ish look about it.

The interface is cool and for noodling around the house I can see it, and is what it was intended to be.

So, basically it's a....Rocksmith 2014 accessory?

You (or should I say Line 6) got me! I'm that guy.

I've had the same hobbyist rig for decades and seldom find the time to play. I recently bought Rocksmith 2014 on sale. Soon after I saw an article about the AmpliFi. I succumbed to the AmpliFi 75, but wish I'd waited ... or done proper research prior to purchase. A moment of early adopter weakness.

My impression after modest use is that it delivers on some levels, but in others it was rushed out the door and oversold. It's not fully baked, but I hope a firmware update or ten will add desired features and capabilities (that said, I'm leaning toward returning it).

Right now it feels like a practice amp that doubles as a fairly robust Bluetooth speaker (or visa versa) with basic modeling and a fairly useable, if not inspired, iPad app interface added to that equation. I would prefer more physical control (like previous Line 6 modeling amps, but with the iPad app as an option, not the sole means of granular control).

Also, the 75 feels more like a 40. If you're willing to deal with this as a beta product and love it for what it is, I would recommend the 150. At least then it has the oomph for other needs. Then again, the portability of the 75 is nice.

If the 75 were $300 or $250 instead of $400, I'd feel fine keeping it for what it is.

I will try to add more if anyone's interested, if solely academically.

Back
Top Bottom