Help with Input1 level

If using a Drive pedal that boosts the level, do we just ignore any clipping on the input meter and just make sure it doesn’t clip with the guitar only? It would be logical that an overdrive pedal would cause clipping right?
No.

If using a Drive pedal that boosts the level, do we just ignore any clipping on the input meter and just make sure it doesn’t clip with the guitar only? It would be logical that an overdrive pedal would cause clipping right?
Tickle the red using your hottest input signal. If your hottest input comes from an engaged pedal, set it with the pedal engaged.

When I was running a drive in a loop, pushing the return too hard sounded ungood. Respect the meters - if it's glowing red, you've gotta come down.

Yes. The input can handle up to +/- 5V which is greater than any 9V pedal can deliver.

This is great. I always just assumed overdrive/boost pedals would clip the input, which would mean that “true“ guitar effect pedal compatibility would never really be 100% guaranteed with the system.

Glad to know I’m wrong about that. :)

Back
Top Bottom