Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop sobbing about rates WTF. This thing is dangerous, mostly elderly people are dying from it because hospitals cannot take the flow of people because we just didn't take the right decisions at the right time. The only solution is stop travelling and fucking stay at your place without receiving norngo see anybody. So if you love your fellow people...just don't meet them.

I'm not saying that the german health system is a lot more efficient than the italian. And I'm also not saying that the german infection rate is correct (I think it's still way too low) but it may be a bit more realistic than in Italy. I'm assuming that the real rate of infections in Italy (and all the other countries with a high death rate) are even higher than known or made public. And that the real german rate is relatively low as of yet but more patients were tested than elsewhere, thus raising the official number compared those other countries.
Sure both infection rates are lower than reality cuz it's probably impossible to find every person infected unless you test the whole population.
But we were talking about death rates and the German one is unrealistically low and IMHO that can't be accounted just to "more tests done",
I don't think Germany has done 30 times more tests than Italy.
According to official data Italy is the 3rd country in the world for number of tests done, Germany, on the other hand, hasn't published official numbers about that (or at least I wasn't able to find it), if you have them please share.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

It is a suspicion brought forward by the Fratelli d'Italia party.
Nope, maybe the translator didn't do its job well but who made the claim is Walter Ricciardi, a member of the WHO (translated as OMS in Italian), the Fratelli d'Italia party just requested a discussion about this to the EU parliament.

But, again, if you have further info about how deaths are classified in Germany please share it.

Fact is : hardly any other country than Italy tests all deceased people for Covid-19 and adds them to the count even if it's unclear whether they died because of it or not.
Doesn't work that way, pretty much all the dead people went thru an ICU bed due to Covid-19 before dying, and the vast majority of those people wouldn't have died with a flu, simply cuz numbers tell that, so it's correct to count them as deaths caused by Covid-19.

Last edited:

1EG5OEc.jpg

It's pretty obvious by now that many of the bigger cities have accepted the fact that they're just shutting down and money will be lost and people pissed, but yet so many other states and cities are waiting.. The CDC has its guidelines out. And yet countless businesses, cities, people in general just don't get it. How foolish we will look when we look back. BUT, it will all be forgotten with a few witty memes... All very surreal to me still.

We're doomed because we have dumbasses like this guy:

We cannot stop it, it's out probably by a factor 10-100 more than US numbers attest. And there are thousands of super-spreaders who even don't know it or refuse to change their behavior.

We all know (or hope) it is possible to slow spread if some proportion of the populace interacts less and is in less dense situations - which is already happening.

Those who don't believe it is real, aren't concerned for others, or believe in personal liberty above all else will do their thing. However, I personally don't agree with hyper-draconian measures in a free state either (it's a difficult balance) - but our state is becoming less free all the time.

And this...

"Police guard man who won't self quarantine..."
https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/kentucky-police-guard-coronavirus-patient-who-wouldnt-self-quarantine/

And this...
"A woman, one of Nebraska's newest cases of coronavirus, attended two Creighton men's basketball games after symptoms developed, spending hours in bars and restaurants after each game."

https://journalstar.com/news/state-...74e1385.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Those who don't believe it is real, aren't concerned for others, or believe in personal liberty above all else will do their thing. However, I personally don't agree with hyper-draconian measures in a free state.

One of the problems is that some don't know when it's time to take whatever paranoid 'the man' ideology they subscribe to and put it in the back of the closet for a while.

The party area of downtown was in full swing all weekend. As were the beach areas. All the bars and eateries packed. I think so many people off work right now is having the exact opposite effect. It's more like "I don't have to go to work today, so I'm going out."

I know a lot of places are going to carry out or drive thru only now, but what if the food handler has it?

What is Germany doing?
Borders are closed to everyone except commuters, freight, and returning nationals and residents. My son lives in Berlin where the bars and cafés are closed.

There are many reasons why German statistics are different from Italy’s, including age profile and reporting criteria.

I feel bad for the police and military who will eventually have to enforce our local curfews and may have to take action and someone dies.. Riots, looting etc. Amongst the dying from the flu and other failing healthcare system infrastructure related deaths, these local uprisings will be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom