Heard 10.0 at NY Amp show today

yek said:
inevitably some guys will want to use it in different, unexpected ways, assign switches to do different crazy things, etc.

Hmm, I can't imagine using a controller that I can't program!
No programmability means that the user who uses ready-made presets for songs, has to create all needed effects combinations on the Axe itself. That's a drag.

For me, my footcontroller is the 'brain', and the Axe is its main resource. I have a couple of basic Axe-presets (each containing a specific amp plus common effects), plus a number of special presets. I then use my controller (Gordius) to create presets for each song, on the basis of the Axe presets. 80% of the time I use 3 or 4 controller-made presets for a song, which depend upon a single Axe preset. This avoids having to duplicate things on the Axe.

Hold on guys - no one from Fractal ever said that you can NOT program it. Cliff said you don't HAVE to program it, nothing more.

Let's just wait till we have the real scoop before we flood the Net with unsubstantiated speculation.

Cool? :cool:

Pretty, pretty, pretty cool, Scott.

No need to get panic attacks about screws not being in the middle, and rumors about not being programmable.
No company would release a MIDI foot controller you can't program - that's what these thingies are for!
Being not a native speaker even I understood that Cliff only referred to the Axe-mode of the MFC...

So, let's wait guys and play some guitar...

peace,
Uli

Scott Peterson said:
yek said:
inevitably some guys will want to use it in different, unexpected ways, assign switches to do different crazy things, etc.

Hmm, I can't imagine using a controller that I can't program!
No programmability means that the user who uses ready-made presets for songs, has to create all needed effects combinations on the Axe itself. That's a drag.

For me, my footcontroller is the 'brain', and the Axe is its main resource. I have a couple of basic Axe-presets (each containing a specific amp plus common effects), plus a number of special presets. I then use my controller (Gordius) to create presets for each song, on the basis of the Axe presets. 80% of the time I use 3 or 4 controller-made presets for a song, which depend upon a single Axe preset. This avoids having to duplicate things on the Axe.

Hold on guys - no one from Fractal ever said that you can NOT program it. Cliff said you don't HAVE to program it, nothing more.

Let's just wait till we have the real scoop before we flood the Net with unsubstantiated speculation.

Cool? :cool:

Cool! :mrgreen:

gittarzann said:
We are all just like a bunch of little Fonzies. :cool:

fonzie_henry_winkler_happy_days.jpg

Yeah, but... By the time the MFC-101 is available for us to purchase, we may all look more like this...

henry-winkler-click-los-angeles-premiere-pTisG5.jpg

;)

Just kidding, of course!

From what you've seen of version 10, are the new amps only of the medium/high gain variety or you have some new vintage ones as well (Magnatone, Supro, etc)?

tgunn said:
I think the key thing here is that you don't _have_ to program it. You can still program it and the videos that were available a few months ago showed Cliff program the mfc, go through settings etc. So, I think you still can program it, but you don't have to.
well,for those who couldn`t see those videos..can you post the link for it ?
I think there are a lot of guys out there who might enjoy to see the video with Cliff and the MFC...right ?

browlett said:
Yeah, but... By the time the MFC-101 is available for us to purchase, we may all look more like this...

;)

Just kidding, of course!

Dang, did you have to put up such a big picture? Way to shatter a boatload of dreams.

virgil said:
tgunn said:
I think the key thing here is that you don't _have_ to program it. You can still program it and the videos that were available a few months ago showed Cliff program the mfc, go through settings etc. So, I think you still can program it, but you don't have to.
I think there are a lot of guys out there who might enjoy to see the video with Cliff and the MFC...right ?
If you search for "MFC videos" you'll find the links but unfortunately the files aren't there anymore. I guess new videos will be posted when the MFC is unveiled.

tgunn said:
virgil said:
tgunn said:
If you search for "MFC videos" you'll find the links but unfortunately the files aren't there anymore. I guess new videos will be posted when the MFC is unveiled.

Yeah, plus it wasn't Cliff in that video doing demoing but some other guy,
I think his name was Todd if I recall correctly,
so Cliff still remains "hidden". ;)

Muris_Varajic said:

He isn't hidden. He is in this picture, wearing the white shirt.

1213985087_9873.jpg

biggness said:
Muris_Varajic said:

He isn't hidden. He is in this picture, wearing the white shirt.

1213985087_9873.jpg

Now that's a relief.

What were they running the Axe through at the show? I heard there was also a band playing that was using AFX's? How did they sound?

Back
Top Bottom