Health Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible! With the world the way it is, and just when you're about to throw in the towel on humanity, THIS! What an awesome soul! No one more deserving that you Todd! Enjoy and keep up the fight!

Man, what an awesome thing for Zakk to do. Makes me like and appreciate the guy even more. Well deserved to you Todd!! That video had me shaking with anticipation as I could feel what it meant for you as you opened it. Quite an emotional experience for sure!! Much love and prayers still to you and your family, brother.

Most of you guys saw my post about Zakk Wylde reaching out to me while I was in the hospital last week. He was going to send out a Black Label care package to me. Well, that care package got here today. (Video and pics below)

I am speechless. Was not expecting a guitar with case goodies and a handwritten note. I’m just blown away. It’s the guitar he played on the last Zakk Sabbath tour. I’ve been gassing for this guitar for a few years now and to have one he played on tour is just incredible. I know my family and my brothers in Ozz are just as exited as I am.

Zakk has inspired me as a guitarist since I was a 17 year old in 1989 when he became Ozzy’s new guitar player. He inspired me with his incredible playing and how he honored Ozzy’s legacy. But he continues to inspire me today as a man with his attitude in how he handled his own health scare a few years years ago. He didn’t complain he just handled his business and got it done. The Black Label motto is GIFD- Get It F*****g Done. Along with SDMF- Strength Determination Merciless Forever. I will continue to wake up and fight cancer everyday with the same attitude.

I sent him a thank you text and tried not to to fan boy out too much and he replied. You can see it in the pics below.

I’m not sure what I did to be blessed with this amazing gift but I am very thankful and appreciative of Zakk’s big heart and kindness. I can’t wait to kick cancers ass and get back on stage with my brothers in Ozz and play this beautiful guitar. It has been an amazing 50th birthday.

View attachment 96277View attachment 96278View attachment 96284View attachment 96285View attachment 96286View attachment 96288View attachment 96289

Real tears of joy here…

Big day.
Just walked a 1/2 mile in our neighborhood with my dog. My lungs feel like they are on fire and it took me 20 minutes when I can walk a mile in right at 15 min. But it’s a start. Baby steps.View attachment 96510
Before the weather warms up, you might consider a bit of sunblock up top there, or a hat. That skin is accustomed to being in the shade, and may not like too much sun....

Checkup with the Doc yesterday morning.

He is happy where I'm at. Last scans show the tumor has shrunk 2-3 cm. I’ve finished treatment so now I'm basically just in healing mode. I’m still on house lockdown besides doctor visits because I’m anemic and my immune system is very weak. But my numbers are getting better the farther away I get from my last chemo which is 7 weeks today.

I’m feeling good considering I’m 2 weeks out from being in the hospital. I’ve walked at least a 1/2 mile to a mile every day this week. It’s been hard on my lungs, but I can tell it’s making them stronger. And I have been playing guitar like crazy which has made me feel really good.

Plan going forward is to keep healing, exercising and getting stronger. Scans again in a few months to monitor the tumor. Hopefully it just keeps shrinking. God is good. 🙏✝️ #teambishop
62EA766F-99BC-45DB-8C3A-A3ED218F2DDE.jpeg

Last edited:
That is so awesome brother!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you in kicking its ass. So glad you are progressing so well. Have you been able to play your new axe from Zakk?

Checkup with the Doc yesterday morning.

He is happy where I'm at. Last scans show the tumor has shrunk 2-3 cm. I’ve finished treatment so now I'm basically just in healing mode. I’m still on house lockdown besides doctor visits because I’m anemic and my immune system is very weak. But my numbers are getting better the farther away I get from my last chemo which is 7 weeks today.

I’m feeling good considering I’m 2 weeks out from being in the hospital. I’ve walked at least a 1/2 mile to a mile everyday this week. It’s been hard in my lungs but I can tell it’s making them stronger.

Plan going forward is to keep healing, exercising and getting stronger. Scans again in a few months to monitor the tumor. Hopefully it just keeps shrinking. God is good. 🙏✝️ #teambishop
View attachment 96929
Amen brother! Great news indeed! Prayers for continual blessings and healing.

That is so awesome brother!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you in kicking its ass. So glad you are progressing so well. Have you been able to play your new axe from Zakk?
I sure have! I have been playing guitar like crazy over the last couple of weeks. I've mainly been doing legato and picking exercises to knock the rust off since I've hardly played over the last 5-6 months. It's seems to be working as my fretting hand is getting strong again and my picking is less sloppy than it was a week ago. And I'm having a lot of fun and enjoying playing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom