Health Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of you guys saw my post about Zakk Wylde reaching out to me while I was in the hospital last week. He was going to send out a Black Label care package to me. Well, that care package got here today. (Video and pics below)

I am speechless. Was not expecting a guitar with case goodies and a handwritten note. I’m just blown away. It’s the guitar he played on the last Zakk Sabbath tour. I’ve been gassing for this guitar for a few years now and to have one he played on tour is just incredible. I know my family and my brothers in Ozz are just as exited as I am.

Zakk has inspired me as a guitarist since I was a 17 year old in 1989 when he became Ozzy’s new guitar player. He inspired me with his incredible playing and how he honored Ozzy’s legacy. But he continues to inspire me today as a man with his attitude in how he handled his own health scare a few years years ago. He didn’t complain he just handled his business and got it done. The Black Label motto is GIFD- Get It F*****g Done. Along with SDMF- Strength Determination Merciless Forever. I will continue to wake up and fight cancer everyday with the same attitude.

I sent him a thank you text and tried not to to fan boy out too much and he replied. You can see it in the pics below.

I’m not sure what I did to be blessed with this amazing gift but I am very thankful and appreciative of Zakk’s big heart and kindness. I can’t wait to kick cancers ass and get back on stage with my brothers in Ozz and play this beautiful guitar. It has been an amazing 50th birthday.

View attachment 96277View attachment 96278View attachment 96284View attachment 96285View attachment 96286View attachment 96288View attachment 96289

Damn man, awesome!!!!
I know you'll do it proud!

I just watched your video, and welled up a tear of joy for you, and also for the goodness of Zakk's generosity. Here's to kicking cancer's a**, and you getting back up on stage to ROCK that guitar!

I remember watching the David Carradine (as Caine) in the 1970's Kung Fu series with my family when I was a kid, and one episode really stuck with me. It was the episode when one of Cain's new acquaintances loved Cain's flute, so all during the story, whenever there was down time, Caine was carving on a new one. And when it came time to part ways, since the new one probably wasn't ready yet, Caine reached into his backpack to give him his trusty, broken in an perfectly tuned flute as the gift. Even as a kid, I totally understood what that meant - so that's definitely how I saw this wonderful gift from Zakk - a total class act!

Most of you guys saw my post about Zakk Wylde reaching out to me while I was in the hospital last week. He was going to send out a Black Label care package to me. Well, that care package got here today. (Video and pics below)

I am speechless. Was not expecting a guitar with case goodies and a handwritten note. I’m just blown away. It’s the guitar he played on the last Zakk Sabbath tour. I’ve been gassing for this guitar for a few years now and to have one he played on tour is just incredible. I know my family and my brothers in Ozz are just as exited as I am.

Zakk has inspired me as a guitarist since I was a 17 year old in 1989 when he became Ozzy’s new guitar player. He inspired me with his incredible playing and how he honored Ozzy’s legacy. But he continues to inspire me today as a man with his attitude in how he handled his own health scare a few years years ago. He didn’t complain he just handled his business and got it done. The Black Label motto is GIFD- Get It F*****g Done. Along with SDMF- Strength Determination Merciless Forever. I will continue to wake up and fight cancer everyday with the same attitude.

I sent him a thank you text and tried not to to fan boy out too much and he replied. You can see it in the pics below.

I’m not sure what I did to be blessed with this amazing gift but I am very thankful and appreciative of Zakk’s big heart and kindness. I can’t wait to kick cancers ass and get back on stage with my brothers in Ozz and play this beautiful guitar. It has been an amazing 50th birthday.

View attachment 96277View attachment 96278View attachment 96284View attachment 96285View attachment 96286View attachment 96288View attachment 96289

This gave me goose bumps. I'm so happy for you! Zak's a helluva guy and so are you. I'll be following along here with prayers for your full and speedy recovery. God bless, you're a good soul.

Wow.

It’s been a crazy last 12 days or so. From getting sick and having to go in the hospital and all that that entails, Zakk reaching out to me while I was in the hospital, getting treated in the hospital, then getting discharged, celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary, my 50th birthday and the gift from Zakk I am emotionally just drained. Ready for just a normal day. 😂

Zakk text me out of the blue last night about 10pm with pics of him playing the guitar and then we text for about 2hrs on and off talking about guitars and gear. I’m just blown away. Something I will never forget.

Here are the pics he sent of him playing the guitar on the last Zakk Sabbath tour which I believe was the very end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 right before the Covid lockdowns started.

7D23B165-4008-4604-B1D7-31C201B7CC0F.jpegE7F604AE-0A86-4D0C-8374-CF7A7737CB79.jpeg582C91D5-04DF-476C-B7F3-A6D5B13A6184.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom