Headrush FRFR $349

That's my main question with "sounds good for guitar" monitors, which I haven't had a chance to try yet. Anything I buy will have to perform double duty: Play my Axe through it, and use it for FOH and such.

Hey Rex,

All my cabs are tested with guitar and program music so no issues there.

Thanks,

Mick

Are you saying that they all perform identically with program material?
No, perhaps I should dial back the superlatives, they all perform with program mat. adequately and similarly, the MBritt , due to its convertible open back configuration is more variable than the two wedges, which perform pretty darn close to identically once the gain staging is matched (my CLR has master volume and channel volume where the Xitone does not have MV.

No, perhaps I should dial back the superlatives, they all perform with program mat. adequately and similarly, the MBritt , due to its convertible open back configuration is more variable than the two wedges, which perform pretty darn close to identically once the gain staging is matched (my CLR has master volume and channel volume where the Xitone does not have MV.
Thanks for clarifying. Very helpful.

Thanks for clarifying. Very helpful.
cool, but bear in mind that both the CLR and XITONE wedges are several years old, and I think that the power amps in both units have been changed and upgraded since then, but ya know both @MicFarlow and @Tom King are accessible around these parts.......and I sure don't know who Mr. Headrush is..................

cool, but bear in mind that both the CLR and XITONE wedges are several years old, and I think that the power amps in both units have been changed and upgraded since then, but ya know both @MicFarlow and @Tom King are accessible around these parts.......and I sure don't know who Mr. Headrush is..................

A good bet that Mr Head Rush is a suit looking to boost the bottom line.

It's nice to see more companies getting into the FRFR and modelling/profiling amplification bussiness. For now it's an exclusive and almost boutique-y market with high prices so I think and hope than big companys will start to offer this kind of products for more reasonable prices.

So what is the general feedback on that Alto model?

I ran a pair of them for a while and for the money there ok, in the end they are an entry level PA type of box so you can't expect them to sound like a CLR or the like. Had I not got the deal I did I would have sent them right back.

I ran a pair of them for a while and for the money there ok, in the end they are an entry level PA type of box so you can't expect them to sound like a CLR or the like. Had I not got the deal I did I would have sent them right back.

Same experience. I’ve run a single 210 for about 8 months or so. I like that it wasn’t expensive, not heavy to carry, had a couple inputs, etc. I wasn’t expecting it to beat a clr or a xitone, but I was also just using it for home practice and a monitor solution instead of in ears at church or house of prayer sets.

If I was using live in a club or outdoor venue, I would have at a minimum gone dxr10 or the higher end options. Currently drooling over a xitone Mbritt, but can’t justify the cost with my current context of places I play.

Basically define needs, budget, uses, and that will give you your options to make choices.

Same experience. I’ve run a single 210 for about 8 months or so. I like that it wasn’t expensive, not heavy to carry, had a couple inputs, etc. I wasn’t expecting it to beat a clr or a xitone, but I was also just using it for home practice and a monitor solution instead of in ears at church or house of prayer sets.

If I was using live in a club or outdoor venue, I would have at a minimum gone dxr10 or the higher end options. Currently drooling over a xitone Mbritt, but can’t justify the cost with my current context of places I play.

Basically define needs, budget, uses, and that will give you your options to make choices.

I recently picked up a used standard CLR for $500 in excellent shape! I have paired with a Seismic SAX 12pm $329 I had bough a few years back. It's not too shabby, their about the same weight the seismic is a tad smaller. The CLR is definitely better but considering the difference in price it's a great alternative for a Coaxial piece.

There’s a lot of speculation that the Headrush FRFR-1212 and the Alto TS212 are the same product. And for good reason, but has anyone noticed that the specifications are not the same? The Headrush unit sports more power and larger voice colds for both the HF and LF drivers. I’m starting to become interested, to say the least.

i'm interested too. the price is now $299 i believe? very curious.

Yeah, it looks like $299 will be the street price. However, I don’t believe it’s shipping quite yet. I haven’t come across one in stock. I went ahead and signed up for a notification with Sweetwater when it’s in stock just in case I decide to try one out.

April 13 is supposed to be when it starts shipping. Seen it from some retailer. I think one even stated April 2. Just curious if the frfr is a new "class" of amplifiers? I like how it's almost an all in one or multi purpose amp since I'm a multi instrumentalist. I probably won't have to buy separate dedicated amps for each instruments now. Lol. I wonder how the frfr will hold up for bass guitars though.

Just how many companies have their own FRFR to date? Is the cheapest price range to date under $300? Anything cheaper than that?

It's nice to see more companies getting into the FRFR and modelling/profiling amplification bussiness. For now it's an exclusive and almost boutique-y market with high prices so I think and hope than big companys will start to offer this kind of products for more reasonable prices.

So those companies have their own FRFR line? Been wondering who has the cheapest one with the best specs.

Essentially the more true “frfr” monitors become, the less need there is for additional players in the market.

It’s like the market for near field studio monitors, there are already a ton of choices and price points and they are all designed to do the exact same thing. No one is going to bring anything new to the table with yet another 6.5” biamp nearfield in the $200 price range.

It’s like if fractal rolled out a 12” powered wedge. Would it be good ? Of course. Would it do anything a xitone, clr, asm, Gemini etc doesn’t ? Probably not, nor would it come in any cheaper, so essentially yet another $1000 frfr monitor option

So those companies have their own FRFR line? Been wondering who has the cheapest one with the best specs.
I think Kustom has one for $99.
Seismic Audio also has some cheap ones (that people have report as being decent for the money).

But defining 'cheapest one with the best specs' is all personal opinion.
Ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers.

I see. Are the FRFR products usually have the "FRFR" title attached to the product? I haven't seen any for Kustom or Seismic Audio that would indicate what it is. Or is it only the Headrush one that has the FRFR attached to its product? I'd assume the Headrush one would be the only one that's 2000 watts to date, for its size and price range?

Would the Kustom or Seismic Audio line of FRFR be simply a "full range speaker"?

I think Kustom has one for $99.
Seismic Audio also has some cheap ones (that people have report as being decent for the money).

But defining 'cheapest one with the best specs' is all personal opinion.
Ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers.

Back
Top Bottom