Headrush FRFR $349

I think I'm getting close to making a final decision and have decided on getting the ISP Technologies Vector FS8 since it can also be used for vocals as well. I think the switch to turn it to a regular guitar cab can be handy should I use another guitar pedal that's not a guitar synth pedal. I do have some keyboards and synths too so I can definitely use this amp for those as well instead of getting another "dedicated" amp that I don't need. Although the 175 watts RMS power might look tiny compared to 500 watt PA speakers, I just like the fact that I can have the best of both worlds in 1 amp. I can probably sell my Peavey Rage 258 guitar amp since I won't need that anymore.
Agreed with @Sixstring, the thing is $600, looks like a bad bang for buck. It doesn't look like a "best of both worlds in 1 amp" at all to me. Too weak for PA/vocals/key/synth use, I'd be concerned with it not being able to keep up with a drummer. Dome tweeter in a PA? Weird design.

If you want a 2 in 1 type of an amp, take a look at Line 6 L2m. A little more money, but it's quite a good PA and can do the simulated guitar cab thing too.

Last edited:
Agreed with @Sixstring, the thing is $600, looks like a bad bang for buck. It doesn't look like a "best of both worlds in 1 amp" at all to me. Too weak for PA/vocals/key/synth use, I'd be concerned with it not being able to keep up with a drummer. Dome tweeter in a PA? Weird design.

If you want a 2 in 1 type of an amp, take a look at Line 6 L2m. A little more money, but it's quite a good PA and can do the simulated guitar cab thing too.
Agreed, I think there were some reviews on here about that ISP Vector and the report out was that it was not very good.

@Bushy - every speaker that has been recommended to you can be used for vocals/keys/guitar modeler/synth.
I'm going to say this one last time and then I'm going to stop looking at this thread - go to Guitar Center and have someone there explain what a full range speaker is. You seem to be hunting for craft solutions to a problem that has a very simple solution - buy a quality full range PA speaker that is within your budget. Many have been suggested to you in this thread.

Another thing is that if you are that unsure just buy from a merchant that has no hassles on returns. I had great experience with Sweetwater. Bought a Mesa Boogie Mark V and cab later decided it was not the right purchase for me, no hassles even sent me return labels I didn't pay a dime and was able to repurpose the money to what ended up my ASM12 and Yamaha HS8 monitors and Ableton Live Std.. Just sayin...

For guitar synth use, I'd think the dome tweeter would be beneficial.

I still think it's better than the Mission Engineering GM1-BT, spec wise and price wise, don't you think?

For guitar synth use, I'd think the dome tweeter would be beneficial.
I dunno who or what gave you that idea, but no lol
I still think it's better than the Mission Engineering GM1-BT, spec wise and price wise, don't you think?
Don't compare it to the Mission Gemini, which is also a bad bang for buck, not a great product. Compare it to the several good recommendations you've been getting. If you want a good midpriced option PA, go for the popular Yamaha DXR or QSC K series. If you want a PA with a guitar cab sim option, spend a little more for a Line 6 L2m.

Would a PA sound bad if one is to use them as a guitar cab? I'm assuming no since the preamp would be in the effect pedal? In other words, the PA would not be coloring the sound as a traditional guitar amp would.

Before I knew anything (I probably still don't LOL), I didn't bother turning off the amp sim from effect pedals and simply plug and play. I'm not sure anyone back in the day ever knew this either because the amp sim would be colored by the guitar cab unless the amp sim was switched off, right? I'm not sure if people liked the idea of playing their guitar on a PA speaker back then since I don't think there was ever a "flat response" guitar amp before.

I dunno who or what gave you that idea, but no lol

Don't compare it to the Mission Gemini, which is also a bad bang for buck, not a great product. Compare it to the several good recommendations you've been getting. If you want a good midpriced option PA, go for the popular Yamaha DXR or QSC K series. If you want a PA with a guitar cab sim option, spend a little more for a Line 6 L2m.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why Headrush had to make an 8" version of the same garbage! Saw and heard the demo online from the NAMM.

Speaking of 8" speakers, I just saw in the catalog of Guitar Center the QSC CP Series powered speakers. I wasn't aware if this is a new product or an old one. It only comes in 8" and 12", so I'm surprised why they skipped the 10"?

I would probably trade in my pair of Electro-Voice ZLX12P for a lighter weight PA. Just waiting for some opinions on the QSC CP Series if they are any good.

Back
Top Bottom