Wish Have Axe-Edit display block X/Y states in grid

Great idea, on the front panel it could be visualized by dashing only the sides of the block. So full line - enabled in X state, full line at the top and bottom, dashed on the sides - enabled in Y state, dashed all around - disabled.

As title says, would be nice to have some type of quick visual on the grid as to the current X/Y state of blocks. When flipping through scenes would help me keep my sanity.
Are you sure that is what you are asking for ??
Unless I'm missing something, that is NOT X/Y labeling. When you have TWO (2) amp blocks in a PRESET, those are actually AMP1 and AMP2.. not X/Y.
X and Y occur within the AMP block.

If you took that idea and applied it so that 1 and 2 are displayed on each Amp block, then applied (for consistency) to all the other blocks (cab, delay, etc.) you'd have a mess of numbers all over your preset - as some blocks can have up to 4 in a preset (and X/Y within each).

Unless I'm missing something, that is NOT X/Y labeling. When you have TWO (2) amp blocks in a PRESET, those are actually AMP1 and AMP2.. not X/Y.

If you took that idea and applied it so that 1 and 2 are displayed on each Amp block, then applied (for consistency) to all the other blocks (cab, delay, etc.) you'd have a mess of numbers all over your preset - as some blocks can have up to 4 in a preset (and X/Y within each).

Hmm when I read it it, it seems to me like he is suggesting the X or Y state be shown in the corner of the block, nothing about if it's block 1 to 4, only the x/y state. While the provided example pictures do show changes in blocks, I think the emphasis is the X/Y state.

The OP is talking about labeling X/Y state of the block so we have this simple look at which block state is charged per scene without having to enter every block checking the X/Y state

I think very useful tool if Fractal can make it happens

Thanks s0c9, actually looking very specifically at X/Y state but now that mention it having which block number in each group ( amp, cab, drive, geq, etc. ) is the natural extension to this wish as have had the headache trying to figure out what's what in others presets.

Another neat thing would be to have a setting for global X status versus global Y status in a patch that you could assigna switch to.

It would kind of act like an A/B switch on an amp to switch channels, but would control every effect's x/y status without a lot of user programming.

Back
Top Bottom