Has the Ax lll shipped yet?

When I was younger and misbehaved my parents used to tell me I was going to go to hell. I should have just kept misbehaving because at least there isn't snow in hell. I'm in Rochester, NY and we got close to 2 feet of back breaking super heavy snow last Friday and we're supposed to get more the next couple days :(

Man I'm getting sick of New England weather.
Nothing like snow blowing a foot of snow when you wake up, then taking a shower in the dark, so you can get yourself to work because at least they DO have power.
(I picked the wrong day to not plug my phone in before I went to bed)
I live in MI, so similar. But look on the bright side. We never have to evacuate, like the “fair-weather” states. The absolute worse that can happen here in the beautiful north and northeast are glaciers. There’s time to migrate and evolve.

Never even HEARD of ' thrips, no seeums' in that article (unless they are local colloquialism's for one's I do know.)

Bonus: I have new names to call people on the internet that annoy me.

That's true farther south too. Here in NJ, we've had wet sticky snow this year. And the problems isn't just heavy precip, but lots of quick melt and refreeze loosening the soil more than usual. My poor kids' trampoline was destroyed last week by a tree that fell over during the turbulent winds of "Riley". The whole hillside where it stood is like a sponge.

Hey! NJ is where I spent the first half of my life. Whereabouts are you, Matt? Much of my family still lives there.

RR

Last edited:
Never even HEARD of ' thrips, no seeums' in that article (unless they are local colloquialism's for one's I do know.)

Bonus: I have new names to call people on the internet that annoy me.
Never read a Stephen King novel? He mentions noseeums in a lot of his work... I assume it's a North Eastern thing.

No seeums. Small enough to go through a screen , and BITE.

I've always said , "Take your pick , bugs or people"
I use screens , bug lights , and Off.

The last ice age, 10,000 years ago, only took 35 years to enter. In 2000, during an environmental sciences class at Cal, we were presented with a global model of climate change from a dude from Cornell University and it has tracked perfectly to date. It showed an ice shelf that extended across the US, drawing a line through the middle of Oregon all the way across. Ice age 2065 ... You all should move if you're not up for that.

The last ice age, 10,000 years ago, only took 35 years to enter. In 2000, during an environmental sciences class at Cal, we were presented with a global model of climate change from a dude from Cornell University and it has tracked perfectly to date. It showed an ice shelf that extended across the US, drawing a line through the middle of Oregon all the way across. Ice age 2065 ... You all should move if you're not up for that.
Ice shelves come in very handy, as a place to set your beer. If the coming shelf extends all the way across, then I won’t have to migrate to Oregon. As for the important bits of life, we’ll be anxiously waiting for our Axe FX XIV’s.

Likely no shippers moving anyway! Stay safe, stay warm, and we'll keep looking for updates.
Downed power lines in my neighborhood. Tree branches on every road I drove on today.
But the mail still came. The plus side is that people up here are resiliant.
Power is back on!
Cliff may not be as lucky. I know lots of towns up that way are still without power.

Back
Top Bottom