Has anyone brought this up yet from Mark Day

Indeed - this even works direct to FOH. Mic-up the 3 cabs (or send direct from the AFX) sendig to 3 seperate channels on the board. Pan the dry center, and the two wets hard left and hard right. No reason why it wont work into a PA.

It want as your blending all to stereo.
U mix the D with the L and R of the stereo and we didnt mentioned phase cancelation.
Been there, done that, waste of time.

Waste of time for YOU. Ive run stereo or wdw for years in small rooms to large venues playing top 40 covers where I get plenty of time to soundcheck and listen to the sound out front, to originals where I get a quick line check and off I go.

Never heard any phase issues at all.

Waste of time for YOU. Ive run stereo or wdw for years in small rooms to large venues playing top 40 covers where I get plenty of time to soundcheck and listen to the sound out front, to originals where I get a quick line check and off I go.

Never heard any phase issues at all.

I completely agree with you Troy. It works very well, and doesn't matter that there isn't a 3rd speaker in the middle - because you are using three distinct channels, keeping the Dry strongly*in the middle. It's the Dry being strong and unaffected that gives WDW it's power. If you're standing out front to one side or other, you hear the Wet in various ways, but the Dry remains strong and focussed which is the point. Wouldn't these "phase issues" kinda make all stereo sound impossible?

But I can't for the life of me think how to have one set of 3 x Outs without a cabinet for backline, and another with Cabs for FOH... unless of course you mike up the cabs for FOH.... This seems rather a sad thing to have to do (especially as there are 6 outputs), but I can't think of an alternative.... This does of course make the point for FRFR backline, which is how Axe 2 is designed.

SO Cliff, how about some kind of modification to allow three separate outs from both the FX Loop and Output One?

Or conversely, somebody clever with a smart way of writing a patch and connecting to get round this...?

For example, might the Wet signals be less needing of a Cab simulation when going to FOH - or conversely, might running Wets with Cab sims into the backline be less noticeable...? In WDW, it's the sound of the Dry channel that gives it the power (I'm repeating myself again), so you have to have that exactly right....

So you'd end up with Output One being the Wet channels L&R with Cab sims - XLR to FOH and jacks to Backline amps. Ouput 2 would be Dry, FX Loop coming out before the Cab sim, the Cab sim panned hard left, L to FOH; and a bypass cable with a filter panned R to Output 2 R to the backline.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom