Has anyone brought this up yet from Mark Day

And what do you know, he is a nice humble guy at that.

That is very kind of you to say that Scott!! I was actually terrified to shoot this video. Dave Friedman and Jamie Kime in the backroom listening to me play, good lord talk about pressure lol.
I see so many fabulous players, I have come to accept the reality that if I practiced 24 hours a day for the next 10 years I would still be playing catchup.

It was great meeting you at AxeFest West, super cool dude yourself!!! Everyone was so nice.

Mark

Hey Mark, on the back of that poweramp is there one speaker jack per channel, or two jacks per channel?

Would you be able to, say, plug two cabs into the center dry channel, along with whatever else you wanted to use with the wet channels?

That is very kind of you to say that Scott!! I was actually terrified to shoot this video. Dave Friedman and Jamie Kime in the backroom listening to me play, good lord talk about pressure lol.
I see so many fabulous players, I have come to accept the reality that if I practiced 24 hours a day for the next 10 years I would still be playing catchup.

It was great meeting you at AxeFest West, super cool dude yourself!!! Everyone was so nice.

Mark

Thank you back. The Matrix amp that I bought from you, is pure joy....and loud.:D

Hey Mark, on the back of that poweramp is there one speaker jack per channel, or two jacks per channel?

Would you be able to, say, plug two cabs into the center dry channel, along with whatever else you wanted to use with the wet channels?

Single jack for each channel, same as their stereo power amps.

Mark

In case you guys are wondering, I ran the dry from OUT 1 on the Axe and used an FX loop block to send reverb, delay and pitch detune (wet only) to OUT 2. So the center channel is mono dry(out 1 left only) and the FX are stereo wet only going to OUT 2 (L&R)
The routing and mixing features on the AxeFx are fabulous. This sounded ridiculously huge in the room.

Mark

This sounded ridiculously huge in the room.

But that is exactly the problem…it's in the room, for the guitar player only.
In a live scene you're going to be "limited" to stereo as that's what you can get in the PA.
In a recording scene, again, eventually it will be stereo.
Rehearsing ? I don’t bother that much…
So, if its only for the room or even for a live scene as a monitor only…I can't see the point.

I used to play w/d/w many years ago, I used a mono combo for the dry sound (using its preamp) and it went from the FX loop out to a multi FX that had its outputs (L+R) into a stereo power amp and out to 2 4x12 cabs (all in stereo).
Sure, the sound was a blast ! so did the neighborhood thought too :D but eventually it was nice only @ home in my studio as after one gig I realized its useless and I get nothing but a backache.
show me the light, have i missed something ?

I think it is more gear to schlep a W/D/W or W/D rig, but for any gig where the backline carries the room, it works for the audience the same way it does for the band.

Yes, saw this also this morning. Mark you rock with the tone and gear setups you create!...you have the best job haha! All the tones/tunes I hear are my favorites and pretty much my style and genre! I had just started a thread moments ago as this video was inspiring to me to do some more playing around with some W/D setups on the AxeII. I love that W/D tone and use it with my Splawn QR all the time.
If any of you have some insight and can take a look at my thread when able....I would love some advice (sorry, not trying to hijack at all guys). Timing was there and happened to be reading this just after I posted! haha....too funny

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...atrix-gt1000fx-axeii-thoughts.html#post748514

Yes, saw this also this morning. Mark you rock with the tone and gear setups you create!...you have the best job haha! All the tones/tunes I hear are my favorites and pretty much my style and genre! I had just started a thread moments ago as this video was inspiring to me to do some more playing around with some W/D setups on the AxeII. I love that W/D tone and use it with my Splawn QR all the time.
If any of you have some insight and can take a look at my thread when able....I would love some advice (sorry, not trying to hijack at all guys). Timing was there and happened to be reading this just after I posted! haha....too funny

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...atrix-gt1000fx-axeii-thoughts.html#post748514

Hijackings are allowed, this is all just beautiful non political conversations, where it goes no nobody knows...:D

Hey Mark,

Can you share that preset you used on The Zoo ?

Very nice playing, killer tones. :)

Remember this is a WDW preset. Dry amp goes to OUT 1 Left, FX are going to OUT 2 L&R.

Thanks!!!

Mark

Attachments

• Matrix HBE.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom