Guitarjon's Tonematch/Preset request thread!

Hi guitarjon

Are you up for another tm challenge?;)

Volbeat - BOA
Volbeat - Boa (JDM) (Lyrics) HD - YouTube
Its a marshall jcm800
Please use your 81emg guitar

In Flames - Zombie Inc (clean part at 3:08)
In Flames - Zombie Inc - YouTube
Its a 5150. Compressor is used in front to push the tubesound theyve explained in another video.
Please use your ltd pr even better your emg81 tuned to c!

In flames-all for me intro
In Flames - All for Me HD [Lyrics in Video] - YouTube
Ltd or 81 in c

Rick graham sound
Rick Graham - A little chord melody I wrote (Axe Fx 2 Clean) - YouTube
Have no info whatsoever

Trivium - slave new world
Trivium - Slave New World [HD] - YouTube

Gee i feel so demanding:)
I really apreciate your work dude.. You make me love my axe even more.

Last edited:
Jon didnt ask for this promo but I am insisting you check out his band's really awesome album (all his guitar recorded with the an Axe FX 2) and please support this great fellow musician by paying for his songs. His efforts within this community and his great music deserve our respect .

Please get his songs here: Raptor

Check out their great video here: Raptor - The Turning Official Lyric Video - YouTube

Again sorry for the plug. Jon didnt ask me to do this and I dont even know the guy but strongly feel hard work should be rewarded.

Dear Guitarjon,

All your TM's are beyond awesome! It's not like you're getting really close to the originals, no, you're actually nailing them, spot on I might add. Perfect case of superior technology falling into the right hands!

Yeah i know. No hastle buddy:)...
rick graham uses the jcm800 model in the Axe FX with the "Plus" drive pedal in front.
matching the cab should really be all you should need to nail this. you can go on his Facebook page
and ask him what cab he uses, he's usually pretty good about answering gear questions
that just sounds like the jcm800 clean

No problem! I wanted to wait to ask but am so impatient when it comes to finding my dream tones! Nobody has been able to properly replicate Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll tone.

I know you have a list of requirements but think with a song like that you properly know everything you need to know off the top of your head. Let me know however if you do need anything more (I don't have a mogg :() and I will do my best.

BTW I know these are very mainstream tones Im requesting but they are so mainstream that nobody bothers to make them.

Take your time my friend because you deserve a break. :)

Thanks again!

I imagine some of the gtrs have close AND distance micing, both - Jimmy did this for drums and gtrs.

Jon, I finally got to try the Suhr Badger match you did for me. WOW! It is almost indistinguishable from the original and sounds perfect with my American Deluxe Strat. Great work man!! Beers on me when your band tours the US.

Holy Mary mother of something................

We are gonna make a TY Tabor thread where we match his King's X tones, and Platypus/Jelly jam/Solo release stuff

Your stuff is amazing and the playing is spot on.

Some of it sounds better than the recordings

More thumbs up than god gave us for both hands.

Touche'

Last edited:
TY TABOR
KING'S X

Just an amazing band

I was hoping these videos would Help with a Ty Tabor tone

I have conversed with this guy through YouTube and emails a few times, and hes said its not that difficult really.
He said the sound is in the gear mostly.
Plus this dude has it all, the Fender Elite, the Lab5, the midi-verb, the line 6 chorus thing....

And, the playing is just spot on
It's nice know I'm not alone in obsessing over this guys great playing and tone
The way it sits in a mix, and cuts through......

I was hoping these videos would help

An idea of what to achieve, and a rig rundown-
Ty Tabor Early Rig-What Is This-Rig Tutorial - YouTube

Solo guitar similar in tone, a few albums later, and in my opinion the best he ever got in the first four albums.
Ty Tabor Early Tone (Just Guitar) I Can't Help It - YouTube

And for those of us that love the later albums, the Dogman Era guitar tone
( And yes I know it Zion guitar and Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier dialed in by the engineer, Brendan O'Brien )
Ty Tabor Early Rig (Black The Sky -Just Guitar) - YouTube

Lastly, A private Lesson of Just Ty Playing guitar
( And yes I know Its the Guilford Custom Built Guitar, and more than likey an AXE FX. Hes said this mostly the tone with a few different guitars for flavoring on the last Solo Album, (Balance, not the brand new 2014 release ) and Jelly Jam Album - Shall We Descend.
The album In Question, and the first track, best band punch in ever at about 0.50 seconds
Who's Comin' Now from "Shall We Descend" by The Jelly Jam - YouTube
The Private Lesson
KING'S X - TY TABOR Guitar Lesson - GUITAR WORLD - (3 songs) - YouTube

Lastly
Here is an overview of his gear throughout the years, different eras, and what tuning hes in, etc....
Ty Tabor Interview part 5 - Guitars, Amps, Effects and Alien Beans - YouTube
Really hope this helps man.

Thanks-
-Ben

CALLING ON JON!! CALLING ON JON!

My new baby arrived in the mail today and I have a tone match request. Its a GIBSON CUSTOM TOM SCHOLZ OF BOSTON replica Les Paul (only 300 made).

Can you do anything boston? The middle part of peace of mind should be good spot. Smokin' has a guitar part on its own too. I'll take anything please sir! If you require me to do more work let me know but I don't have any Boston stems.

Here is some interesting information. I played the guitar with my AXE go to patches and it sounded average to below average compared to my other guitars. I became quite sad over it but stumbled upon the SOLDANO amps and WOW! They gave me instant BOSTON tone and the guitar became alive! Now I am super happy!

The patches I made were very good but i think you can do a billion times better job! I'll buy your singles ten times over if you please please help! ;)

Thanks my man and I understand if you are too busy. Here is my new baby:

I'm currently on a holiday in Turkey so I won't be able to make patches for about a week.
I'll get back to you after I get back.
(takes another sip of his cocktail.....)

Reactions: yek
I would kill for the following presets:
Steve Vai - For The Love of God
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender (low and high gain)
Paul Gilbert - Olympic
Paul Gilbert - I can't tell a lie

Or for a tutorial on how to make them on my own. :lol

Back
Top Bottom