Guitarjon's Tonematch/Preset request thread!

Edrod, those are just factory presets Tom is playing. You don't need to match them!!!

I finally finished some more requests!
Listen to them here:

I fulfilled these requests for RONJONES2020, Crott, kevrock, kmanick, Webb and deftim13...

The first clip is a tonematch for the Youtube video with the Suhr Badger demo.
I used my red Fender american special strat with a hotrail mini humbucker in the bridge.
The pick-up switch was set to the 2nd position.

The second clip is the Ramones guitar tone for Blitzkrieg Bop.
I used my american special telecaster for this set to the bridge position.

The third clip is the intro tone for Summer of 69.
I used my american special tele for this one too.
The actual song has 2 different tones for left and right but I did a combined match for both channels wich is better suited for live playing.

The fourth is the tone for the Legion Of The Damned tone.
I used my Jim Root telecaster again for this one and the preset uses the new ENGL model!

The fifth tone is the requested Lynch Mob tone.

And the final tone was the requested tone for Tool's Vicarious...
This was a tough one because the stems have bleed from the other instruments in them just like with Metallica's Death Magnetic.
I used my Gibson les paul classic for this one.
I had to remove some fizz but I think it sounds good now!

I hope you like these tones!

Attachments

• Legion of the Damned.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Lynch Mob Wicked Sensation.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Ramones Blitzkrieg Bop.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Suhr Badger On The Edge.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Summer of 69 L R Sum.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Tool Vicarious.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
WOW! WOW! WOW! You are truly da man!

Can someone at Fractal please mail this dude a free AX FX XL. I guarantee he will be personally responsible for dozens of sales. No joke.

WOW! WOW! WOW! You are truly da man!

Can someone at Fractal please mail this dude a free AX FX XL. I guarantee he will be personally responsible for dozens of sales. No joke.

Nooooo.... Then he will make TM's for the XL that won't be compatible on my II. :)
But give him a job as a preset maker. I'm sure there's a market for that?

Jon, thanks so much for doing the Suhr Badger match! I'm away this weekend but can't wait to give that one and the others a try when I'm back.

:eek-new:You are doing amazing stuff and for free! I see some paypal in your future, especially if you group by genre. Thank you much on behalf of the general community. My ONLY suggestion well, 2 actually. ONe could you place all the amazing matches you are doing in an updated original post, or one folder or the like? SEcond, please dont take any crap from anyone, if anyone dislikes or disagrees with something you are doing at of the kindness of your heart, simply dont respond to them! (even if they are simply being inpatient, like "hey u didnt match the xylophone in the full symphony clip I sent you):eagerness:

The fourth is the tone for the Legion Of The Damned tone.
I used my Jim Root telecaster again for this one and the preset uses the new ENGL model!

Thanks Jon!

I've been trying to get that tone for a few months, but always ended up with a fuzzy version of your mastery in tone matching. I'm away at work till thursday, so I'll update my firmware and try it then. but judging by the clip it will sound great.

well...Lynch Mob's Wicked Sensation is spot on.... may I asked You for lead tone in the solo... the beginnig of the solo is just guitar, pls?:eagerness:

Just made 2 tonematches for.....myself!! :)
I matched 2 awesome songs by Foo Fighters.
No way back and Everlong.
I used my Gibson Les Paul classic for this one.
Hope you dig 'em!

Attachments

• Foo Fighters Everlong clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Foo Fighters Everlong Rhythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Foo Fighters No Way Back.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Come on dpeterson don't put off such negative vibes. I am sure you are a tremendous talent with God given abilities that none of us will ever know. That being said, why make pejorative remarks regarding the less fortunate. Perhaps you would like to share a little of your knowledge with the rest of us.

So dpeterson, again, if you are not here to help, and you seemingly wish to critique and bash, and your say you are not "trolling", why are you making your presence known?

By the way, I own Gibson guitars, Fender guitars, Ibanez guitars, Suhr guitars, and well you get the idea. I am quite wealthy. However, I do not have the technological knowledge or time to perform these tasks. I greatly appreciate this individuals work and will be happy to pay for his time (back channel me). Moreover, his work is brilliant in it's simplicity (according to the critic on this thread) and I enjoy it thoroughly. Thank you again Guitarjon from the bottom of my humble heart.

Back
Top Bottom