Guitarjon's Tonematch/Preset request thread!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I've been getting a lot of requests lately for Tonematches due to my other Metallica tonematches.
You can find that post here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-tonematches-patches-extravaganza-v2-0-a.html

If you just can't figure out how to make a certain tonematch and you want me to make one you ca ask me here.
I will need a couple of things to make it a bit easier for me:
-A recording of an isolated guitar part that you want to have matched. (this can either be a youtube link or sent to my email, please p.m. me in that case)
-Some more info on the recording, what amp, guitar, effects etc. were used.

I have gotten requests for tones that I didn't like or that simply didn't turn out so well.
Unfortunately not every tone works out very well because of the source file or simply the guitar sound itself.
I'd rather not posts sounds that don't sound nice so sorry about that...

I've already done one request for some In Flames tones.
They can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/guitarjon/in-flames

I've now done 2 more requests.
One is for moebius, it's a tonematch for the rhythm parts to Accept's 'Pandemic'.
The other is for RONJONES2020, it's a match for Ac/Dc's 'You shook me all night long'.
The Accept tone was done with my EMG equipped telecaster.
For the Ac/Dc one I used my les paul classic.
I hope you enjoy these tones.

I welcome more requests!
Preferably from AWESOME guitar tones!
For Recto tones I'm going to wait until the next firmware, I also have a life ;)

EDIT:
I've read that some people have difficulties when loading someone else's tonematch with another guitar.
It can be the case that the amount of gain doesn't match because of the output differences in the pick-ups, or the eq is a bit off.
This is kind of unavoidable but very easy to overcome.
Here is what you should do:

Load in the tonematch.
Use a guitar that is similar to the guitar used to do the tonematch (same types of pick-ups etc.).
Jam a bit and compare it to the soundclips I posted.
Does it sound good and is there a match? Then don't worry and play your guitar.
Does the guitar you are using have less output? Add some gain or input trim until the gain matches with the recording.
Is your guitar a bit brighter or duller then the one I used? Adjust the amp's EQ but not too much.

I posted here earlier about the Tonematch still remembering all the data from the match.
I was wrong, so if you feel that tweaking the amp eq a bit doesn't suffice you have to do both the reference and local procedure over again.
However, I think that tweaking the amp gain/imput trip, amp eq's and/or eve adding a PEQ block before the amp should be enough to get you really close with your own guitar.
I hope this helps!

Attachments

• Accept Pandemic Rhythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 230
  • AcDc Shook me all night Left.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 280
  • AcDc Shook me all night Right.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Could you tone match the Mark Ii c in this thread?
Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ tone ,can someone replicate this fo Axe Fx II?

Bullet for my valentine. The poison album. Love that tone. 5150 Mesa cab and ts9. I'll try to get a guitar track. I've never been able to nail this one down.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

I've been trying to get this one. It's the first 45 secs of this video. I got close but something seems to lack. When i tone matched it sounds a bit off.

This one to if you don't mind :)

Thank you in advance

Eddi

Your tonematches sound really good.... one of my favorit sounds is Wicked Sensation from the band Lynch Mob...I would love it :)

Your tonematches sound really good.... one of my favorit sounds is Wicked Sensation from the band Lynch Mob...I would love it :)

I don't know that band or song but if you can provide me with more info about the gear and an isolated guitar part to match from I could try make a patch.

Hey Eddi,

I think it's just a factory preset.
24 to be exact.
His playing is really good as well so that helps a lot..

I've been getting a lot of requests lately for Tonematches due to my other Metallica tonematches.
You can find that post here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-tonematches-patches-extravaganza-v2-0-a.html

If you just can't figure out how to make a certain tonematch and you want me to make one you ca ask me here.
I will need a couple of things to make it a bit easier for me:
-A recording of an isolated guitar part that you want to have matched. (this can either be a youtube link or sent to my email, please p.m. me in that case)
-Some more info on the recording, what amp, guitar, effects etc. were used.

I have gotten requests for tones that I didn't like or that simply didn't turn out so well.
Unfortunately not every tone works out very well because of the source file or simply the guitar sound itself.
I'd rather not posts sounds that don't sound nice so sorry about that...

I've already done one request for some In Flames tones.
They can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/guitarjon/in-flames

I've now done 2 more requests.
One is for moebius, it's a tonematch for the rhythm parts to Accept's 'Pandemic'.
The other is for RONJONES2020, it's a match for Ac/Dc's 'You shook me all night long'.
The Accept tone was done with my EMG equipped telecaster.
For the Ac/Dc one I used my les paul classic.
I hope you enjoy these tones.

I welcome more requests!
Preferably from AWESOME guitar tones!
For Recto tones I'm going to wait until the next firmware, I also have a life ;)

Thank you so much kind sir! You rule!

I just bought your music for a very fair 30 euros. You deserve it! I hope others are equally as generous if not more. We must support our fellow musicians!

Here are the guitars Im rocking out to your metallica patches with:

Here is the guitar I am about to rock out to your AC DC patch with!

Thanks again. I have a few other tones you might be interested in doing. I will let you know. :)

Thank you so much kind sir! You rule!

I just bought your music for a very fair 30 euros. You deserve it! I hope others are equally as generous if not more. We must support our fellow musicians!

Here are the guitars Im rocking out to your metallica patches with:

Here is the guitar I am about to rock out to your AC DC patch with!

Thanks again. I have a few other tones you might be interested in doing. I will let you know. :)

Wow! Thanks so much for that!
That's very kind of you and greatly appreciated!
If you ever need another tone just let me know!
Btw, beautiful guitars you got there!

No problem! I wanted to wait to ask but am so impatient when it comes to finding my dream tones! Nobody has been able to properly replicate Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll tone.

I know you have a list of requirements but think with a song like that you properly know everything you need to know off the top of your head. Let me know however if you do need anything more (I don't have a mogg :() and I will do my best.

BTW I know these are very mainstream tones Im requesting but they are so mainstream that nobody bothers to make them.

Take your time my friend because you deserve a break. :)

Thanks again!

Last edited:
No problem! I wanted to wait to ask but am so impatient when it comes to finding my dream tones! Nobody has been able to properly replicate Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll tone.

I know you have a list of requirements but think with a song like that you properly know everything you need to know off the top of your head. Let me know however if you do need anything more (I don't have a mogg :() and I will do my best.

BTW I know these are very mainstream tones Im requesting but they are so mainstream that nobody bothers to make them.

Take your time my friend because you deserve a break. :)

Thanks again!

I love led zeppelin!
Unfortunately there are no isolated guitar parts in that song and I can't find any stems...
There is a very short note right at the end of the song after the drumfill that I might be able to match.
If that doesn't work I can try to make a similar patch just using the stock cabs etc?

Ill take a non tone match from you any day!

Oh and I tried your ac dc patch and whats funny is the pickups on my angus sg replica guitar arent strong enough for it! I tried one of my Les Paul's and it sounded great.

Always keep in mind what guitar was originally used to tone match people! Its a good thing I own over 50 guitars so can handle anything patch you throw at me Jon. :)

One band I know you can do is the Ramones because there are tons of stems from them out there. Choose your favourite and I will gladly take that over anything else. If you dont like the Ramones or want more work from me then I will do anything to help.

I swear this will be the last request for a long time. Great work again bro.

Back
Top Bottom