Guitar you're playing?

Could get into my Photobucket account to get a pic of my main guitar, so I did a Google search to find a generic pic... ended up finding my own guitar. :lol

IMG_0813.jpg

This was from a while back; it looks slightly worse than this now.

My other two band guitars are an RG7620, and a UV777 that's currently in pieces. I have a few more, guitars but they don't get used much. The UV is properly rubbish condition at the moment. Needs a new pickguard, as the current one is being dodgily held together with bits of tape underneath. :lol

You mean there are other guitars besides Strats out there? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Bunch of USA Strat Standards and Deluxes. SC to HB. Grew up with the strat neck and tried everything but after 30 years I still play the Strats. The 9.5 radius variety. but, as I stated I have some with mini HB's. SC. Full HB and Sc's.

I play Parker supreme Koa limited edition. Other than that I have a BC Rich asm pro and Jackson pro.

Parker fly was one of the last 25 custom made koa wood flys. Here is the video not that I care about Adrian Blew signature on the back but he did scribble his name over the battery slot :?

SOLD

From the last gig...Lifeson LP with an iced tea axcess for backup/alt tunings
IMAG0299.jpg

LRP gold top, but he sits at home mostly-just too nice to submit to drunks and hauling.
Also in rotation is a EBMM Morse Darklord(reverse headstock, fatter/roasted neck)
IMAG0242.jpg

Tak on order, not holding my breath...

Could get into my Photobucket account to get a pic of my main guitar, so I did a Google search to find a generic pic... ended up finding my own guitar. :lol

IMG_0813.jpg

This was from a while back; it looks slightly worse than this now.

My other two band guitars are an RG7620, and a UV777 that's currently in pieces. I have a few more, guitars but they don't get used much. The UV is properly rubbish condition at the moment. Needs a new pickguard, as the current one is being dodgily held together with bits of tape underneath. :lol

The guitar in the pic, is this a modded RG 2027?
I've one myself and it's the main guitar for my own band.

I'll chime in with pics later.

I went through many guitars but kept coming back to ESP Eclipse - white with EMG HB3 Blackouts. Heavy guitar but the tone and sustain is wonderful! Backup is LP 1960 reissue with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups. Had the pickups replaced and will pick up today. Can't wait!

The guitar in the pic, is this a modded RG 2027?
I've one myself and it's the main guitar for my own band.

I'll chime in with pics later.

No, but you're certainly close! It's an RG2127X. Only things modded about it are the beatings the finish has taken over time, and stuff like pickups (Evo7/Air Norton 7) and switching config.

I very briefly had an RG2027X to go with it... turned out to be a dud deal. The guy failed to mention in the Ebay listing that the Double Edge had been swapped for a Lo-Pro (pics weren't clear enough to see it). Actually it was more than that, as I had specifically asked if all the piezo stuff was working, which I got a definite "yes" to. And after I'd spotted it and called him on it, he claimed he didn't know and was selling it for a friend. Without that trem it was worth nowhere near what I paid for it, so it went back for a refund. A few months later I see the exact same auction go up, same not-quite-clear-enough pics, nothing about the Lo-Pro replacement. Sent him a message saying to put the info there or I'd report him. The auction was edited... and it sold for less than what RG7620s usually go for here. :lol

I'd still love to have an RG2027X to go with it, or even another 2127X, but they just never come up anywhere. :(

Atlas Custom Deluxe in the middle and two custom headless guitars made by KGB Guitars in Liverpool. The brown headless has an internal GK-2A and a Sustainiac.

old_rig.jpg

This is my old rig. The rack and cabinets have gone now.

I have a Stevenson Custom. Ted Stevenson out of Montreal Canada makes awesome instruments. I would say they are at or above the kind of build quality you expect from a Surh, Sadowsky or Tyler. It's a modern strat shape, slightly undersized.

The great thing is being able specify pretty much exactly what you want:
I have 2 humbuckers (Stevenson), push/pull coil tap on the tone control, 22 frets, 6100 fretwire (jumbo), a 12"-14" fretboard radius, slim C shape neck, and a strat style hardtail (where the strings go through the back). I really love this guitar!

Ted has a company now called PWE (they also make amps), but as I understand the guitars are pretty much the same (handmade by Ted). I would highly recommend checking them out for anybody looking for a high end guitar where they want to have a lot of control over things like the configuration of electronics, neck specs, etc.

Ted is also great to work with. He really takes an interest in getting you exactly what you want, is accessible and happy to answer questions.

If I was going to get a PRS (which I have thought about), I would definitely go with a McCarty. I like having 2 HBs which can be split and a fixed bridge. That's just personal preference though, any PRS will do the trick!

From the last gig...Lifeson LP with an iced tea axcess for backup/alt tunings
IMAG0299.jpg

LRP gold top, but he sits at home mostly-just too nice to submit to drunks and hauling.
Also in rotation is a EBMM Morse Darklord(reverse headstock, fatter/roasted neck)
IMAG0242.jpg

Tak on order, not holding my breath...
What pu's do u have in ur Lifeson?

Me plays this a lot (present from me little light of my life for me birthday)
SSheadbass2.jpg

And this:
172%2520-%2520bodyfacesm.jpg

And this for the Stratty parts:
DSCF7364.JPG

Until Chris Larkin can make me a nice Strat ;)

My #1 at the moment is my 10 top PRS McCarty w/rosewood neck and P90s. Magnificent guitar IMHO.

Attachments

• PRS_McCarty_RWneck.jpg
    PRS_McCarty_RWneck.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 12
I was playing a PRS Torero...

Torero.jpg

... but bagged this off ebay for £100 (inc Crate amp) and haven't touched the Torero since!

Pacifica.jpg

Neither are particularly high end but hey, they do a job
thumbsup.gif

Buying the Axe FX rig has freed up some money to allow me to indulge myself.
The current collection:

Left to right:
1987 Kinman Blueprint Telecaster
Tom Anderson Cobra
Suhr Pro Modern M5
Forshage Orion
Anderson classic with Suhr FL pickups
1986 Kinman Telecaster.

292491_205086166287839_1017707096_n.jpg

and i just picked up another Suhr Pro Modern- an M7 this time.

IMG_1628.jpg

The Forshage is the main guitar but they all get used a lot.

My main is a PRS Custom 22 but I also have a SC245 and another Custom 22 with three P90's. Also a couple of teles, strats, a Gretsch, an Edwards 335, an old ESP. The C22 definitely sees the most playing time though.

Too many guitars. In the end, it usually comes down to the Strat my wife surprised me with a few years ago.
IMG_0021.jpg

My old PRS is the nicest I own though.
IMG_0842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom