Guitar you're playing?

Dietzcon

Share your guitar! oh and if anyone likes PRS guitars I've been looking into getting a custom 24 and wondering which brand of guitar you could compare it too. All the guitars store i've gone too don't have too much PRS. actually zero custom 24's. :(

I'm playing my American strat with Dimarzio's Airnorton, Chopper, and Crunch lab. I like it haha

photo.jpg

I have and use a Fender Eric Johnson strat, Fender Tele Deluxe, '90 Gibson Les Paul standard, Epiphone Joe Pass, Lines 6 Variax 700. I mainly use my Eric Johnson strat though. I used my Les Paul alot but I kept getting comments that it was to heavy for church environment.

Dietz that stret seems like the frankenstrat - best of 3 worlds :p

I use a EBMM JPXI sold a bunch of guitars after getting this one.

Early 70's Strats,(1973 and a 74/78 combo). They're rare, precious fruit from "the ugly tree". They are home for me... Big time. All I care about is the tone and general feel,(neck in particular) of a guitar. Don't care so much about it being "a looker" per say. I don't want to feel I have to handle my guitars with white gloves. And if I bought a Suhr or PRS... along those lines, I feel I must then for resale purposes. I also got another go to Strat copy guitar I built from raw for myself. Very dark sounding for Alder but very cool sounding. Will post pix later.

I'm playing a Suhr Rasmus GG at the moment. Custom 24 is a great playing and sounding guitar. Can't say I can compare it to another but I will say that it has to be one of the easiest guitars I have ever played, comfortable and well balanced. I don't care for their rotary switch though, three way with a coil tap does the trick.

The Birds and Moons forum would have been the perfect place to get your answers. Does anyone know what happened to that website?

Birds and Moons is not in operation any more. Most of the B&M subscribers seem to have migrated to Vintage Rocker. VR set up a very "B&M friendly" environment as you can see here. . . .

Vintage Rocker / Birds and Moons

Some of the B&M crew ended up over at a new forum that PRS recently set up, shortly after B&M went off-line. . . .

Official PRS Guitars Forum

Terry.

I'm playing a PRS 513 (mahogany body / maple cap), a Collings 290 (P90's) and a Collings 290 routed for humbuckers.

I play in a worship setting and versatility is important to me. The 513 wins in that space, and I use it a lot. Conversely, individual expression is also important and I've started to really enjoy my humbucker routed Collings 290. This guitar has been nicknamed "Bernie" since it survived a music store fire (it's also red - go figure!). It had a very compressed sound until I put a Callaham steel ABR-1 and studs on. The cleans now have a nice attack. I have a great PAF clone in it and the overdriven tones are nicely rounded and sweet. It's a tone I grew up with and I've been really enjoying it lately.

The Collings 290 / P90's and the 513 both win in the "beautiful cleans" department, depending on the flavour I'm looking for. All three instruments are a joy to play. I'm blessed.

The trick seems to be finding the right amp / speaker sim to bring the best out of each instrument. So little time. . . so much to experiment with! ;)

Terry.

Terry.

I use 3 electrics and 1 acoustic.
electric: EJ Strat; MM Luke and Carvin CT6M (pictured in my avatar)
Acoustic: Taylor 914ce

I also have a James Tyler Variax JTV-59 that is getting some quality time. Especially the alternate tuning feature.

PRS 513, most versatile guitar I have owned. I have several other guitars available, but this one covers it all.

2011-08-24_15-32-27_604.jpgYeppers, my 513 10 Top Blackburst. Sound AWESOME, but also the way it plays. Has a widefat neck that fits me perfectly. Also have an Alex Lifeson LP Axcess. Different but I luv how musical the LP is & I'm diggin the piezo in the floydrose "Life-O-Sound"

Last edited:
see my sig. jpx1, other most used is my Ibanez premium molten colored; and fair use of washburn wm526? and esp horizon with tone zone and air norton.

My mains are PRS Custom 22, Fender Strat (Fralins and tone blender wiring, callaham saddles and trem block), 93 Les Paul Standard). Eyeing a Fano JM6 and a Suhr pro series S2, but have to ensure I keep my job first :). I played a Custom 24 for many years, It has it's own thing going on.

I've been playing Parker guitars for the past 18 years almost exclusively. Had some excursions in PRS, Gibson, Fender and Ibanez territories and came back swiftly. The light weight, SS frets, uber-comfortable neck and piezo keep adding up to the best experience for me. Unfortunately (or fortunately - I have not figured that one out) it cured my GAS for any other instrument.

Reactions: gpz
621546_10151204077368554_1789989827_o1.jpg

L-R

James Tyler USA 59 Variax; PRS Custom 22, Melancon Custom Artist

Details here: Guitars | Scott Peterson Music

Back
Top Bottom