GraphTech Ghost System?

Preferred to have all on one mono out but using a stereo switch socket in the guitar for managing the battery. As I can switch between mag and AP as wished, or even blend, is there any other advantage using a stereo setup ?
I'm still messing around with it myself - I was thinking that I would like to run two separate outs so I could go direct on one and through my AX8 on the other. I use a Bose system to play acoustically and with the presets and effects in that mixer, it sounds really good - but I would also like to be able to go electric for some songs (through my AX8). Because I'm using presets on the Bose mixer, if I switch to electric guitar through the AX8, that means that signal will also be put through those Bose presets and it doesn't sound that great.

Haven't quite figured out what I'm doing yet! hahah

I have two guitars that have the Ghost system. I can't for the life of me figure out why it sucks batteries so quickly. I can play for a little while, and a few days later the battery is dead, even if unplugged.

I have two guitars that have the Ghost system. I can't for the life of me figure out why it sucks batteries so quickly. I can play for a little while, and a few days later the battery is dead, even if unplugged.
What type of input jack you use on your guitar ?

You should contact graphtech support. They are super helpful and helped me fix a problem I had with the whammy bar (I had the old style, they converted it to the new style). Mine definitely lasts an eternity as long as I leave it unplugged.

On the graphtech trouble shooting section it mentions that one of the cables is easy to insert at the wrong angle and it will drain the battery quickly...might try resetting them.
I just ordered their floyd trem and the basic setup...hopefully I can get it to sound as sweet as the clips I've heard posted here.

You should contact graphtech support. They are super helpful and helped me fix a problem I had with the whammy bar (I had the old style, they converted it to the new style). Mine definitely lasts an eternity as long as I leave it unplugged.
I have the old style Floyd. I'm curious how they convert to the new style? Did you send them the old one and have it converted, or did they replace it with the new style?

The old style had the bar tension adjusted by a tiny screw, the newer one has the screw on bar style. If that's what you are referring to, then they'll ship you a conversion kit that you can do yourself. I did have some issues removing the old assembly from the frame, but I was finally able to break it free and install the replacement unit without a problem. It was a little bit of struggle figuring out how to get the old fitting off. It was wedged on there very tight.

The old style had the bar tension adjusted by a tiny screw, the newer one has the screw on bar style. If that's what you are referring to, then they'll ship you a conversion kit that you can do yourself. I did have some issues removing the old assembly from the frame, but I was finally able to break it free and install the replacement unit without a problem. It was a little bit of struggle figuring out how to get the old fitting off. It was wedged on there very tight.

Thanks for the reply. That's the same old style Floyd I have. Good to know it's a conversion I can do myself.

Hey since people are still looking at this thread, and instead of starting a new one - I have a question for those of you that have this, or another piezo system installed.

My expectation when I had this installed is that with the toggle switch, and a stereo Y-Cable plugged in - I could switch between the piezo, the mags, or a combination of both. That is not what is happening - as it is right now (although I took it back to have it rewired), regardless of the position of that toggle switch, it's sending a signal.

For example - I ran one cable direct to a channel in the PA for the piezo clean, and the other to my AX8 which was also run to the PA through Out 1 - in any of the three toggle switch positions, I was getting a signal to both channels on the PA. I don't want the piezo to go through the AX8 in this configuration - I have a Bose L1 and the presets give me a real nice acoustic sound, plus I take that mixer if I play acoustic through another PA as a type of pre-amp.

I realize that I can control the output by using the volume knobs etc - however, what I want to be able to do is have the ability to use the toggle to direct my signal without having to worry about turning the piezo volume up or down, the magnetics up or down, etc.

I'm having another toggle switch put in to control the output, to do what I wanted - but my question to you guys is - Am I crazy for wanting this functionality? Perhaps I am uneducated about how these systems work as I've never had one. Love how it sounds though - completely is what I was looking for with regards to the actual sound of it!

Hey since people are still looking at this thread, and instead of starting a new one - I have a question for those of you that have this, or another piezo system installed.

My expectation when I had this installed is that with the toggle switch, and a stereo Y-Cable plugged in - I could switch between the piezo, the mags, or a combination of both. That is not what is happening - as it is right now (although I took it back to have it rewired), regardless of the position of that toggle switch, it's sending a signal.

For example - I ran one cable direct to a channel in the PA for the piezo clean, and the other to my AX8 which was also run to the PA through Out 1 - in any of the three toggle switch positions, I was getting a signal to both channels on the PA. I don't want the piezo to go through the AX8 in this configuration - I have a Bose L1 and the presets give me a real nice acoustic sound, plus I take that mixer if I play acoustic through another PA as a type of pre-amp.

I realize that I can control the output by using the volume knobs etc - however, what I want to be able to do is have the ability to use the toggle to direct my signal without having to worry about turning the piezo volume up or down, the magnetics up or down, etc.

I'm having another toggle switch put in to control the output, to do what I wanted - but my question to you guys is - Am I crazy for wanting this functionality? Perhaps I am uneducated about how these systems work as I've never had one. Love how it sounds though - completely is what I was looking for with regards to the actual sound of it!

That's how mine works.

I have a PRS P245 Semi Hollow with Piezo and it works exactly like this (as do all PRS Piezo guitars), although it has two outputs instead of a stereo Y-cable. When both outputs are connected the 3 way piezo switch selects Magnetic, Magnetic+Piezo, Piezo and the signal will go through one, both or the other jack as selected.

Have a look at this for a description:

sounds like your switch might be wired wrong. when in the mags only position, it should cut off the piezo signal and vice versa

Ok - thanks you guys - I was feeling like I was crazy for wanting it to work this way, yet couldn't understand why anyone would NOT want that!

Well, embarrassing as it is - but - sharing in the hopes that if anyone else comes across it they will check this - I had the wrong freaking Y cable. I guess that's what I get for trusting the Guitar Center guy. He gave me essentially a headphone splitter which was sending the signal from my guitar out to both cables.

So there ya go - if you're in this position ever - make sure you have the right Y-Cable.

I run Graph Tech Ghost on my PRS Signature Limited (the model that became the 408) with excellent results. I run it with a push/push knob to select either the magnetic or the piezo just before the master volume on the guitar. Works great.

Johan, did what pot did you use? I’m trying to install in a DGT. It looks like I can’t use just the push pull with mid dark that came with the system

My music man JP, has a toggle switch, that allows all piezo all regular or a mix of both; This all through one quarter inch cable. It has a nother separate piezo jack if I want it totally separate with 2 cables hanging out which I would never want. I have no idea what my 3 way toggle would do in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom