GPU EMI

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
So now-a-days I'm running my GPU at 100%... that sucker emits the nastiest EMI apparently when it's loaded.

So....I'm on the hunt for a new computer case - Does anyone have any leads on a good metal case that can contain EMI but also have good thermal performance?

You want a case that's all metal. Everywhere. Ventilation through tightly-spaced holes in the sheet metal. No fancy see-through panels to show off your dust bunnies and colored flashing lights.

Don't worry about thermal performance. Your fans will take care of that.

This thing is huuuuge:

I just had a quick look at the video. Apparently some of their outer panels are plastic, not steel (4:26). If that's the case (pun alert!), this wouldn't be the best choice for EMI reduction.

I just had a quick look at the video. Apparently some of their outer panels are plastic, not steel (4:26). If that's the case (pun alert!), this wouldn't be the best choice for EMI reduction.
Interior is all steel.

You have one of these?

What about the front of the case - it seemed like the area where the fans mount in the front there's no metal mesh there.
I have an older one here. It's about 3 years old now. I'll check, but I could have sworn it's all metal on the front.

Mount and screen for fans is plastic, but the door in front of it all is metal.

AE407B93-8642-4FA4-B76B-5D4C36B3D559_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is the current 802. If the mesh in the front door is metal — and there's continuity between it and the chassis — you're good to go. If the mesh is plastic (some are), then not so much.

1631043143848.png

Back
Top Bottom